Notices

Snow in Paris!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:33 AM
pam

Snow in Paris!

Paris had enough snow over the past couple of days to let people make snowmen in the Champ de Mars. A rare sight and must have been magical to walk through Paris in the "real" snow, not just a flurry. Less delightful if you were stuck on the highways or at CDG. But I'm so miffed--we'll be in Paris NEXT week and the snow will either be all gone or just a depressing grey slush.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:28 AM
pinky

When there is snow in Paris, it's not for a long time just few hours !
For the next week it will be raining

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:20 AM
xxx

It lasted more than a few hours this time...problems at CDG and on the roads. Add the CDG snow problems to the FRA problems caused by the guy with the plane in Frankfurt, not a good week-end for two of Europe's busiest airports.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 10:46 AM
marge

It snowed so much that nearly 4 inches of snow accumulated on parked cars. That inticed nearly everyone to scoop the snow off the cars and through it around or smear it down the back of 'loved' ones. After a few hours, nearly all cars had nearly all the snow scooped-off. It was lovely and fun! The real snow blanketed the trees that had fake snow flocking!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:54 PM
mpprh

Hi

Real snow rarely lasts long in Paris, or London.
This results in total chaos compared to , say , Scandinavia.

But imagine the chaos here in Languedoc !

No snow ploughs ( even at airports), or experience of driving on snow.

Pics here in Languedoc :http://tlp.netfirms.com/photo23.htm

Peter
http://tlp.netfirms.com

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Dan

I just got back from Paris tonight and when we left this morning much of the snow had not melted yet It snowed on Sat.) I must say that it was truly amazing. Neither me nor my wife had ever seen snow before (we are 26 and from Miami) and we were running up and down the streets and pedestrian bridges like a couple of kids. We will always remember it!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:04 PM
xxx

I'd always wanted to be in Paris when it snows. I know it's quite a rare occurrence but I'm sure it's really beautiful when it happens. Are there any web pictures available?

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 11:38 PM
jj

To the previous poster:

There are a quite a few web cams (working!) for Paris and around the whole world on this site:

www.webworldcam.com