So jealous of your snow!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that the mid-Atlantic/Northeast coast is setting up for another snowstorm this week-end...the weather lady on CNN International said it would be &quot;copious&quot; amounts of snow. And I am SO jealous!!<BR>We have been in central Germany for a couple of months now and have had a total of about 1 inch of snow. So much for my German postcard winter. On Christmas, it rained. <BR>I know snow can be a huge pain in the neck, but I love it and am going through withdrawal, watching all the pictures of East Coast snowstorms on CNN and BBCWorld. Please send some to Germany!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:19 AM
rnc

Fine,take it!

Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:24 AM

Yup, we're having a real winter here in the Phila. area. It's been a while since we've had such a snowy winter. Cold, too. <BR><BR>I'm getting goceries tonight, then we'll be ready.<BR><BR>Are you no longer in Belgium, Btilke?
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:34 AM

Yes BTilke, your old town (Philly) has seen its share of snow this year! <BR><BR>This weekend is my last weekend before my trip to France. How am I going to go shoe shopping with all the snow? Of course, my husband has been elated with all the snow (he's the skier). Blue Mountain and Camelback have had good snow conditions!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:11 PM

BTike, I would love to pack up all the snow in our yard and send it to you. I am sick of snow, come on Spring.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Nope, we're no longer in Brussels...have been spending a few months in central Germany. Tonight on BBC World, I watched a reporter do a story about Iraq (what else) from Philadelphia. I barely noticed what she said (isn't there anything about Iraq that HASN'T been said?)--I was looking at all the snow! The last really big snowfall that I saw in Philly was in March 1983 (I guess there was some in the 1990s, but we had moved to the Pacific NW).<BR>Glad the Pocono resorts are doing so well. They have had many lean years. Even old Doe Mountain near Macungie is probably doing well. <BR>A friend in Chestnut Hill is planning to go XC skiing in Valley Green this week-end.<BR>Mariarosa, buy your shoes in France! <BR>The last few days have been sunny and dry at least (we have had a lot of grey and rainy days). We drove down to Schloss Burg, walked around the grounds of the 12th century castle, had waffles in the old town, and then took a long walk in the forest. It was beautiful, but it would have been even better in the snow!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:58 PM

BTilke : After weeks and weeks of daily temperatures ranging from -5C during the day to -25C at night here in Southern Ontario, and my aching back from all the shovelling on my driveway, you are welcome to help yourself to as much of it as you want ! We're fed-up with it already.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:02 PM

<BR>And all I do is wish to be somewhere warm
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:18 PM

BTilke: So move a little further into Eastern or Southern Germany! We have got some snow. And last week I have been to the Harz mountains and had enough snow for cross-country skiing.<BR><BR>Greetings from Dresden (with snow)<BR><BR>Ingo
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Here in Massachusetts it snows about every other day, never has time to get dingy and gray. I'm really ready to get out of here, and we are going to Paris Saturday, but from the weather reports I've been seeing it's pretty cold there too. Am I going to need my snow boots to walk around the city?
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:59 PM

<BR>BTilke, you should have stayed in Belgium! We have had a fair amount two weeks ago. Was such a nice surprise because, as you know, we hardly get any.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:10 PM

We need snow. Not only to alleviate the drought but skiing is horrible!!!! Even cross country skiing is bad. Looking at my GRASS out the window and 40 degrees it looks like May.<BR>Oh, I'm talking NW Montana
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:29 PM

It's that damn groundhog's fault.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:44 PM

Years ago we lived for quite some time in Honolulu, and I vowed I'd never again live where it snowed. I am now living in the Adirondacks.<BR><BR>BB
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 04:04 PM

Take ours too! I'm English but live in Ohio and if I never see this white stuff again it will be too soon.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
PLEASE!!! come here and shovel for me, I'm so-o- tired--and so stir crazy , I hate the cold..now back to my reading and wine,( on these days)
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 04:59 PM

We woke up to an interesting snow phenomenon this Wednesday morning. I've lived almost 40 years here and never seen it before. Snow of just the right consistency, flat-as-a-pancake central Indiana terrain and 30 mph winds with gusts to 50 made snow “boulders” in some open fields. They range in size from baseballs to basketballs and look like someone started hundreds of small snowmen, but never bothered to stack them up.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:51 PM

Indytravel,<BR>I saw that on the news! Downright spooky looking, like ghosts making lots of snowballs without any footprints.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 07:07 PM

It is just so awful not having the snow. Having to go out into the garden to look at the spring flowers which are now in bloom and to have to cut the grass. The only snow that we will see this year are the blossoms blowing off the trees when the wind blows. <BR><BR>I really am not jealous of your snow!!<BR><BR>Garfield, in sunny Victoria BC
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 05:42 AM

I like to see snow for about 2 days and that is it! We had it in PA for Christmas. That is why I live in SW Florida! Today's high is 78, and the palm trees are swaying and I just planted my impatiens AND I just picked my first ripe tomato. It is tough life, but somebody has to do it, yes? Judy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -