Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Shuttle to CDG: Can I request a pickup time?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after hearing about the time it takes to get through CDG lately, i would like to arrive at the airport with about 3 hours to spare. we've used parishuttle in the past, but they assign a pickup time of three hours before your flight. once they've made one or two other stops, we end up at CDG with only two hours to spare - spent running from one check-in line/security area to the next.

is there a recommended shuttle service which lets you set the pick-up time? i think bee shuttle does, but they've not gotten good reviews of late.

obviously we can take a taxi, but there are four of us, so i'm thinking a shuttle would be easier.

thanks!
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Hi, we used bee shuttle and they were great for us, but we used their private transfer service,so we were the only ones being picked up. Maybe their service was lacking for the regular transfer service. I think we paid 90 euros for the private transfer. By the way they even picked us up at 4:30 in the morning by request, no problems.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:31 AM

You could do 2 things..fib about your departure time or take a taxi. If you're close to a taxi stand just grab one. If not have your hotel arrange ffor a pickup and tell them there are 4 passengers. They'll send a car big enough for all of you. The extra fee for a 4th passenger is less then 3 Euro. You will find money on the meter when the cab arrives to pick you up, they charge from their departure piont but I've never had it be more than 5 or 6 Euro. I wouldn't be surprised if it still came out less tha a shuttle for 4 persons.

I do know what you mean , the only time we've taken a shuttle , we saved abut 10 Euro and had to practically run thru the airport because we were the first picked up and no one else was ready when the shuttle got to their hotels and we were really late!
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM

YOur hotel usually knows which Taxi they prefer and will arrange for you. ANd with 4 people it is more economical than the shuttle.....and more peace of mind for you arriving at the airport when you want. Set a fee before leaving the hotel.
We were there a couple of days the end of Feb. with another couple(on the way to Italy)...COLD! The Hotel reception arranged with the driver to drive us up past Montmarte so we could look over the city (of course it was fogged in and we couldn't see 20 ft &lt.
AS someone else said ....you can fib to the shuttle as to the time your flight departs...and allow plenty of time.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM
ira

Hi M,

>there are four of us, ....<

Your hotel should be able to arrange for a taxi at less cost than 4 shuttle tickets.

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

i should add that we're staying in an apartment, not a hotel. i'm not sure i would be able to communicate well enough in calling a cab for four!
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:19 PM

maybe not. I wouldn't tell them what time your flight was, it is none of their business. Tell them the time you want to be picked up or the time you want to be at the airport (not when your flight is). They should do what you request within 15 minutes or so, I'd say. I just took a shuttle service to an airport in Mexico, and I told them when I wanted to be at the airport and about when I wanted to be picked up, as I was familiar with the route. I never told them my flight time and they didn't ask. It isn't their business.

If you picked a shuttle service that won't do what you want, pick another one. Or, if you must play their game, just lie about the time of your departure if you know their rule. I don't see this as some moral issue (lying about that), but I still don't think your flight time is any of their business.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:24 PM

The shuttle bus company we used gave us a pick-up time, based on how long they thought we needed. However,I requested that they come an hour earlier, and it was no problem.
Sandy