Search

Short Connection Time in CDG- help!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short Connection Time in CDG- help!

Hi there-

My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Vienna (via Paris-CDG) and only have 60 minutes to get to our departing terminal. Here's the info -we will be arriving at CDG (from Boston) at 615am on an Air France flight at gate 2E. Our flight to Vienna departs at 715am from gate 2D also on Air France. We are NOT checking any luggage since we do not want to risk it. Please advise on whether you wthink we will make it?

I have read previous posts and it mentioned that we would have to go through 2 security points? Is this true? What's the best way for us to make it to 2E? Based on previous posts, it sounds like walking is our best bet..

Thanks so much.. trying not to be too nervous about this. I'm using a miles ticket so didn't have many options on connection times.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
With a connection like that, Air France staff should be waiting at the exit of the plane to whisk you away.

If not, good luck!
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If you land on time and park at a gate you will likely be fine. If you land late - or if your plane parks out on the tarmac and they bus you to the terminal - then you likely won't make it.

But there is nothing you can do to change either - so don't worry. They will get you on another flight if you miss the 0715 (the whole itinerary is on one booking - right? ).
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:54 AM
ira

Hi L,

You might make the connection, or not.

Maps of the terminals are at www.aeroportsdeparis.fr

It's been our experience that you arrive at the terminal and go through passport control and Customs.

You then quickly walk (or run) from 2E to 2D, where you go through security.

Often, they will hold the connecting plane

If you are through-ticketed on AF, you will be put on the next available plane, if you don't make it.

My best advice is that you should expect that you won't make your flight.

Do not get upset. Do not raise your voice. Do not make a scene. The staff will become even more uncooperative if you do.

You will feel really good, if you do make it.

Enjoy your visit.

Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 05:01 AM
sjj

I can't imagine a poorer airport than CDG for making a connection. It's big, the signage is poor, and the staff is unhelpful, particularly if you don't speak French. I think you should do everything possible to reschedule.
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:14 AM

I had posted several times a few months back with the same inquiry for our trip to Rome on Air France - changing planes at CDG. We had 90 minutes to get to change planes on our way to Rome and made it just in time for boarding. We walked from 2E to 2F (or the other way around). On our return flight we only had 45 minutes and knew that would not be enough time (so we planned for a possible night in Paris) - however, as we exited the plane there were representatives from Air France waiting for several passengers, including us, and they drove us to the terminal in a little van - however, even with that we still had to go through a tedious security check - and then my husband got called over right before boarding the plane to check his carry-on - but they held up the plane until everyone was aboard. From what I hear this is Air France procedure becaue they rather hold the plane then pay the hotel costs for passengers missing their flights. I stressed before hand but in the end their was no need so chances are you'll be just fine.

We also checked luggage and took small carry-on bags (in case our luggage was lost) but we received everything - and there was four of us traveling. If you are only taking carry-on remember that you can only take 3 oz. travel size toiletries in a quart size zip lock bag. So if you need anything larger you will have to buy it abroad. We packed toiletries in a plastic bag and put them in our suitcase and brought a few travel size things with our carry-on just incase the luggage got delayed.

Enjoy your trip - Vienna is a really lovely city.