Seine Dinner Cruise

Aug 7th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Seine Dinner Cruise

Greetings All!
We are having a wonderful time in Paris- thanks for all your tips over the past few months.
We've decided that we'd like to do a dinnner cruise up The Seine for the last night of our honeymoon.
Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:20 AM

I think there are two main companies that do that: Bateaux Mouches and Bateaux Parisiens. The Bateaux Mouches are very large boats, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I like them fine for day time. Both have a couple price structures, cheaper and more deluxe. For dinner, I'd probably choose Bateaux Parisiens because it is smaller and because I read that if you buy the more expensive menu, it also guarantees you a window seat. I don't think Bateaux Mouches does -- both are about the same price, 95 euro and 130 euro. I have only done them without dinner, though, so these are just ideas. Both have websites, you can check their menus.
Aug 7th, 2008, 10:20 AM
ira

Hi C,

I know of no dinner cruise where the food is as good as you could get on land for less, either before or after your cruise.

Aug 7th, 2008, 10:20 AM

As far as I know the basic menu on the BP is the same no matter where you sit, but you get free wine and alcohol (and maybe dessert) at the front of the boat, plus a better view. I think the price difference is about 25 euros/person.

Friends of ours gave us the BP dinner cruise as a gift a few years ago. The tix were for the front/better seats. Some people sniff at it as too touristy and say that the food isn't great.

Of course it's touristy; so is the Eiffel Tower. And while I wouldn't call the food great, I can say it wasn't bad. (The BP advertises itself as the only boat that prepares the food onboard; can't verify that.)

Service was excellent, and the nighttime cruise really is beautiful. There's music onboard if you're inclined to dance, and the boat docks just at the moment the Eiffel Tower's twinkling lights go on. We thought it was a lot of fun.

A note about sitting at the front. You'll probably get a table for two, instead of sitting with a group. Don't know if that's a priority.

So the whole thing is going to cost you about 250 euros (though I think discounts are available some seasons on weeknights). On your honeymoon? I say go for it if you're not put off by the price.

Never been on the BM.
Aug 7th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Google "Paris Yachts" for the link to their website. We saw people having drinks and dinner on this boat and thought it looked very, very nice. We looked into doing a dinner cruise, but it was too pricey for us. If you are looking to really splurge, you might look into this one.
Mar 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM

Anyone familiar with Le Calife dinner cruises? It appears to be less pricey than the other two main cruise companies.
Mar 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM

I've been on the Bateaux Mouches, and felt the food was really good and worth the price I paid (know that 1-you pay for a window seat, 2-you are doing something clearly touristy).

I also felt I had the same quality service that j_999_9 had on her BP dinner cruise. I will see if I have pictures I can post from my Bateaux Mouches dinner cruise. It was fun, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
Mar 30th, 2009, 01:52 PM

Wine and other alcohol really isn't free; it's built into the cost of the dinner package. I agree with Ira that you could have a very nice dinner on land and then take a late-evening cruise.