Search

seats on trains

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 06:59 AM
chris

seats on trains

in looking at the seat reservations on trenitalia.com i can not tell if it is better to reserve seats across from each other (2 travelers) or side by side. it looks like it is better across from each other?

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Pam

Some trains have six seat compartments and some are something like a bus. In the compartments, we liked window seats across from each other. If we had a choice we sat across from each other. <BR><BR>They also have smoking and non smoking sections. Be sure to request which you want.<BR>Pam

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 07:05 AM
tom

Have you have been successful accessing the registration function? I have gone through the process of trying to purchase tickets and always find it says "Service is suspended" when you try to register. (This is on the English version of the site). How were you able to register?

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 07:10 AM
CHRIS

THANKS.<BR>AND, NO I STILL CAN NOT REGISTER, AND I HAVE TRIED FOR MONTHS!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 07:23 AM
karma almitra

We had trouble booking online too so we decided to book our tix the first day we got there...there were ticket machines at the stations from which we made reservations and purchased tickets. If you choose to buy from the ticket counters, the queue isn't so bad(termini station, napoli centrale and venezia st lucia during non-peak season, im not sure about other stations though)<BR><BR>I found sitting across a stranger uncomfortable if you are travelling 2nd class as there's very little leg space..if my husband and i were to sit across fr each other i could have just stretch my legs over to his side, no problem..

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Barry

Hi Chris -<BR><BR>Reserve 1st class seats, next to the window, across from each other...believe me the little bit of difference between 1st and 2nd is worth it is worth it... and the seats next to the window have much better tray tables for whatever...<BR><BR>Barry