Search

Scotland Itinerary (for Sheila)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotland Itinerary (for Sheila)

Sheila,
Don't know if you remember or not...but you responded to some questions that I had about Edinburgh. My sister and I had planned to go to Edinburgh and London in November of this year. We have changed our minds and want to make Scotland our only destination.

So here goes:
We did change our plans from November to June as everyone suggested. Actually, it works out better in more ways than one. Also, I started a new job and have more vacation time so I am able to do a 10-12 day itinerary.

I reviewed the itinerary you suggested to mr go and looked at several maps. It looks like a lot of places to go in that period of time. Could you help me out with suggested overnight stops?

We would also like to go to St Andrews...friends there. Where should we add that in? A day trip from Edinburgh?

How would we edit the list so that we can have one or two days in Glasgow? Would we have to eliminate Skye?

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 03:03 PM

I did answer this on te other thread, but as I said there, a new thread's a good idea. Your aspirations?
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Well, the things that most attract us to Scotland are the beautiful landscape, castles, and people. I don't know how else to say it. We would like to see as much as we can of the countryside. I do have a tendency to get lost and don't want to feel rushed. I don't want to just drive through a town and not interact with anyone.

My sister and I are excited just to have experiences that are completely different than what we are used to.

Beaches are not necessary. We planned on doing the shopping, museums, and other touristy stuff in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Do you know how much time the transport museum takes to see in Glasgow?

By the way, we are planning to fly in and out of Edinburgh.

I thought I could pick up a car on the way out of Edinburgh and drop it off in Glasgow. Then take the train or bus back to Edinburgh to catch the plane home.

One problem is that so much is appealing. (I know, what a problem to have) I was going to make a 9-12 day itinerary. If I have 9 days we can do this, If I have 10 days we can do this, etc. My vacation time is not an issue. I've already talked to my boss. My sister says she will take off as much time as she needs but her job situation may change. We are going in June of 2005 so I have plenty of time to plan.

To sum up, I guess our priorities are to have enough time in Edinburgh to really enjoy it, have an overnight stop in Glasgow, go to St Andrews (how much time?) My sister wants to see Skye.

A bit long I know, but is this what you are looking for?
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 01:37 PM

yes; give me a few days.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Sheila you are killing me!!
I hope you didn't forget about me.

I have more questions for you...
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

topping for Sheila.
I think the search function has been acting funny lately.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 11:29 PM

Thanks. I found it. Tonight, I promise