Scavi Tour - disappointment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2006, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I open my email this morning and find out that I have been granted my request for a Scavi Tour at the Vatican for my fall trip.

I was elated.

Until I realized that we have changed the dates of our stay in Rome from after the cruise (November 11 - 13) to before (October 27 - 30). My Scavi tour is on November 11, which is the morning that we leave. There is NO WAY we can make it.

I have asked if there is any way we can get moved to the October dates, but I'm guessing since the tour I was granted is AFTER the one I really need, there is no way for me to get it moved.

I am SO disappointed.

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

SUCCESS!!!! I just got an email back from the Vatican and they have moved our tour so we can now attend!

I am so excited!
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 06:26 AM
Neopolitan

good work, harrowgirl. I was ready to post that after applying for our Scavi tour and getting it, we changed our dates in Rome by a week, so had to ask them to change it. We too lucked out and they changed it with no problem.
Sometimes that whole Scavi process seems so vague and disorganized, but I suspect they really do know what they are doing. Changes like ours are not easy for some companies, yet here are two examples where they managed to do it fine.

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:30 AM

This whole Scavi thing confuses me.

Here is harrowgirl who has been offered a tour on 11 November (congratulations on getting it changed - lucky you!)

I applied in May for a tour in October giving a window of 5 full days (16-20) and apart from the initial receipt have heard absolutely nothing.

I am wondering if this means I have not been successful, or whether they have just not got round to it yet - a friend only heard 10 days before her tour was offered.

I am also wondering if I should maybe email again, or just let it go...
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

I guess to clarify: I originally contacted Vatican the first week of July for a mid-November tour. The first I heard of anthing was yesterday

I believe also that early October is busies than late October, so there may be more availability during that time.

I tried to get a Scavi Tour last year, contacting the Vatican in July for a late September tour and never heard anything back.

If you don't hear anything back, it means you didn't get the tour.

Weird system.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Neopolitan

As a matter of fact, I found my reservation from Scavi in my "blocked mail" folder. It seems that their form letter meets the criteria for being determined spam by some programs. I think others here have mentioned that as well.