Scavi Tour Contact?

Search

Scavi Tour Contact?

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scavi Tour Contact?

I am trying to get reservations for a September Scavi tour, but am not having luck with the email addresses.

I am using this website http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/in...040112_en.html. The [email protected] email address gets returned immediately.

Any ideas? I really want this tour, but have no idea how to book it.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:06 PM

Define "not having luck."
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:11 PM

Try waiting until the day is closer. I emailed that address 3 months before we were going to be there and heard nothing. I emailed 6 weeks out and heard back within a few days.

If it is getting bounced back try using a different email address, mine went through with gmail
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM

Ufficio Scavi
Fabbrica di San Pietro in Vaticano
Tel +39 06 698 85318
Fax +39 06 698 73017

Try fax or make a telephone call. You may be getting returns by email probably because it is being blocked by your computer.

Good luck! I hear that w/such a long period of time you will probably get reservations.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
This is the first web address I used to book our tour, which got a reply from the one that you have.

'[email protected]'

as it's not til September, give them a few days, then try again - it may be that the site is just down. we booked about 6 weeks in advance for a date in February, with no problem at all.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Sounds like the address is correct and the problem must be on my end. Will try another email address.

"Not having luck" means the email returns to my inbox with the following error: "domain of recipient does not resolve". I'm working under the assumption that the email has never been received by the Scavi office.
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

For whatever reason, an alternative email account worked just fine. Immediately got the form email from the Scavi office.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:43 AM

Am having trouble contacting the Scavi office. I have used the e-mail address listed and used the alternate one listed. These e-mail addresses have been rejected stating they are not valid.

Any help would be appreciated...
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:58 AM

I used [email protected] in March and received an automatic reply immediately. That is still the email address listed on the Vatican's website.

Are you having issues with any other email addresses being rejected? Have you checked the address (I typed an address in wrong once and it kept autocorrecting to that incorrect address when I typed in the correct one)? What email account are you using (sometimes my work email will block outgoing messages, but hotmail worked fine)?

If all else fails, can you try their fax number or snail mail?
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the help

I was unable to send this to either e-mail address listed using my roadrunner account. Their server rejected that address apparently.

I just established a gmail account and it appears that it went through. Got a confirmation they received the request.

I have no idea why my server would reject this address - no other e-mails are bounced by them.......
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 09:21 AM

Glad it worked out for you! The tour has a lot of neat information and places to see. Do consider taking a water bottle as the areas are very small and there's no air movement. It's well lit with tall ceilings so I didn't find it claustrophobic, but it gets hot very quickly and water really helps.

You've found a possible solution for people in the future: try using a different email account to send the request.