Scavi accessability?

Search

Scavi accessability?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scavi accessability?

I'm preparing to request reservations for this tour. One member of our party uses a walker or wheelchair and needs assistance using steps. Does anyone know if this tour will be available to her? If no one knows, I will phone, but I thought I'd ask the experts here first.

I have been on this tour but cannot remember the fine points of accessibility. Seems to me there was at least one flight of steps at the far end.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Aak! Please excuse the misspelled word in the header. I'm so embarrassed...
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:09 PM

I seem to remember at least three flights of stairs, varying in length and steepness. Someone that uses a walker and has limited mobility could possibly manage the steps with help.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:48 PM

One problem is that the tour has to keep moving along so it doesn't "collide" with the other-language tours. They're all choreographed not to run into each other. But I'd definitely phone and see what they suggest.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 07:47 PM

You can email them and save the transatlantic call. Here's the email address: [email protected]

I found them to be quick to respond, give them a couple of days. Hope this helps.

BTW, even though we were planning to take this tour, we were unable to do it. So, I can't help you with your question.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 08:09 PM

There are several flights of stairs, although they are not very long. However, I think I would be more concerned about mobility once the tour is started. We took this tour in December and I recall several areas where there was a pretty tight fit getting everyone in our group in certain areas of the tour, and it wasn't a large group. I would go ahead and call and see what they suggest, but I thought I would bring that up.
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. DeeDee, at your suggestion, I just sent an e-mail message. I thought that address was only for reservations. If I haven't heard from them in a couple of days, I'll phone.

Tcreath, I remember some tight areas and uneven footing, too. I'm hoping they've somehow considered the needs of those with limited mobility.