Sarlat Hotels?

Apr 10th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Sarlat Hotels?

Hi & thanks to the community for steering me in the right direction in my last inquiry. I am looking for recommendations of hotels in Sarlat. We are three traveling & would like to stay in the medieval center of town so any of us could leave the hotel on their own either very early/very late for a walk & still have something to see. A lot of hotel descriptions seem lovlier as they get out of town, but I think we need something very central. My other concern is if we do have downtime in the hotel, a terrace, garden or pool... is that too much to ask? The hotels I've seen in town seem to only have lodging and no character. There's got to be a happy medium, no?
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Take a look at www.la-couleuvrine.com.

La Couleuvrine is a Logis de France located in the ramparts of centre ville and has a terrasse for your enjoyment.

We have never stayed here, preferring to stay in Beynac, but we have yet to be disappointed in a Logis...and this one is a Logis de Caractère. There are a few other Logis in Sarlat as well that you can look at on the logis de france website.
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:23 PM

In 2005, we stayed 3 nights at Hotel Le Renoir. It's not right in the centre, but only a few minutes away in a little street. I found it to be nice and quaint with lovely, helpful staff. Our room was lovely and the bathroom had just been renoveted - spacious and comfotable to use. Can't remember what we paid but it was very reasonable.
Apr 10th, 2007, 11:32 PM

If you are looking for a place with a pool, the Hotel de Selves has one. Modern hotel with air conditioning, well located but not charming. http://www.selves-sarlat.com/

If you want charm another alternative is a Chambre d'hotes, ( bed and breakfast) La Lanterne http://www.sarlat.biz/
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:25 AM

I stayed at La Couleuvrine for 3 nights in 2004, nice room, lovely courtyard and vaulted breakfast room, perfectly short walk anytime(even alone late evening in the middle of the winter) and to anywhere in town.

I had lovely dinner at the nearby restuarant Quatre Saison every night.
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:41 AM

See if any of the rooms with terrace at Villa des Consuls suit you. May not be what you're looking for (not charming?), but I cannot speak highly enough of the cleanliness, location and David's helpfulness. We just returned and frankly I did not want to leave--and we were headed for Paris!

I also recommend Quatre Saisons. We liked it so much we ate there twice.