Search

Sample itineary need for 5 days in Berner Oberland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sample itineary need for 5 days in Berner Oberland

hi guys,

do u guys have a sample itineary of what can be done in 5 days in berner oberland...my interest in mainly scenic beauty ..n simple easy walks.. will be base in grindewald..
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 03:18 PM

It's a wonderful place, and you should have no bother filling in a few days.

In no particular order, you can do all these things;
Take the cable car to First, and walk to Bachalpsee,(bring picnic)- or to Gross Scheidegg (bring picnic)(from where you get a bus back to Grindelwald).
Take the gondola to Mannelichen, and do the walk to Kleine Scheidegg.(real easy walk)

Take the train to Lauterbrunnen. Walk to Stechelburg,(real easy walk) and go up to the Schilthorn. Or else just get off at Murren, and walk back to Grutschalp (easy walk)and take the funicular back down to Lauterbrunnen.
Spend a day at Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe)
A day in Ballenberg Outdoor Museum (outside Interlaken) is worth while.

If you are energetic, you can paraglide from the top of First.

You can go white water rafting from Interlaken.

Big treat - take a helicopter trip over the Eiger with Bohag (their base is outside Interlaken, in an unpronouncable place)

Visit the Trummelbach caves (between Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg)

Buy a 5 day Jungfrau Pass to do the train/cable car trips.
If you have children, spend an hour up in Pfingsted - there's a summer tobogan there. Go early - they do a super breakfast in the little restaurant.
In Interlaken, go up the Harder Funicular, and enjoy the views over the lakes from the terrace of the restaurant there - they also do a buffet breakfast on Sundays. If you have children, take them up the Heimwefluh - there's a good playground up at the top, and a steel rail tobogan down (a bit like Pfingsted)
If it's raining, go to the Mystery Park in Interlaken (though we had no rain, and so didn't go)
You will gather we were there for more than 5 days, but you can do some of these things.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 04:31 PM

As previously suggested, it is very easy to fill 5 days in Berner Oberland. I base myself in Lauterbrunnen, which is a central location. On nice days, go to Jungfraujoch (the top of Europe train station) and wonder around on the glacier and in the ice palace, take the cable car from Murren to Schilthorn - another high spot in the mountains, take the cable car from Wengen to Mannlichen and walk to Kleine Scheidegg. On a rainy day, visit Trummelbach Falls in the Lauterbrunnen Valley, hang around in the small towns shopping, etc. It's an incredibly beautiful place.
Martha
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Last year, we stayed in Lauterbrunnen for 3 days and wished we had been there longer.

We did the trip up to Schilthorn one day with a stop in Murren on the way back down.

One of our favorite things was our drive along the Thunersee with stops in Spiez and Thun. There are several castles along the way but the views along the lake are lovely.
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Original Poster

thks guys for all the input , now i have real good idea of what to do .. any names of restaurants in grindelwald.

any idea of what to do in lugano n montreux ..
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Original Poster

hi guys,

thks for the inputs for BO area..we don't have kids n we r young couple..any romantic idea of stuff to do in BO area. thks
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 10:08 PM

I agree with the other posters about basing yourself in Lauterbrunnen. Everywhere your eyes look, they will be filled with amazing naturaly beauty. Just on the edge of town you can hike up to Staubbach falls or catch the postbus to Trummelbach falls. You can have a picnic by the river at Trummelbach falls and drink fresh glacier water right from the falls! Many people were doing this while I was there and I tried it. I didn't get sick or anything.
On a clear day, you can go up to the Jungfrau or the Schilthorn or both. You can go ride up to Wengen, take in the wonderful views and hike back down to Lauterbrunnen. Also, you can get to Grindelwald very easily as from Kleine Scheidigg. I think that's where we picked up the cable car, but double check on that. You can also ride the boats on Lake Brienz and or Lake Thun which are nearby. Last but not least, our very favorite thing to do in Lauterbrunnen in the B.O. was to sit on our balcony at the Hotel Schutzen every evening after dinner with a gin & tonic, breathe in the fresh mountain air and watch the owners' cat trying to catch mice in the field framed in the background by the Staubbach falls, the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau peaks. Good times, my friend. Good times.