Search

Safe to visit??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:47 PM
Linda

Safe to visit??

A little concerned about traveling abroad from the U.S., to Ireland, anyone have any concerns or opinions? We're planning to go in March . Thanks for your thoughts.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
Eye Spy

Book your trip and go. Life's too short and you shouldn't worry about tomorrow. Ireland is a friendly country.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:56 PM
Cat

Airport security is tighter than ever. Go have fun.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
Tom

I would understand if you were from Ireland and had security concerns about visiting the US, but not the reverse.<BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:47 PM
pup it up

topping<BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:57 PM
Henry

Here is what I am hearing...March and May will be safe...all other months in 2003 - not so safe.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 03:03 AM
csr

Henry,<BR>Why?

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 04:39 AM
xyz

Henry, loved your reply! Excellent!

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:21 AM
julius

Oh, dangerous ground, Henry. Beware the Ides of March!!!

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:40 AM
warning

<BR>Warning!<BR><BR>You will arrive safely in Ireland but you will never want to leave. Only concerns are how to get back as soon as possible and perhaps live there.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:54 PM
most kindly

Linda, Is your concern about safety in Ireland specifically, or travel abroad outside the United States in general? I'm not understanding your question but am curious.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Linda

I guess I'm concerned about Americans traveling abroad. Do the Irish like <BR>americans, is terriorism a problem in Ireland, it dosen't seem to be. I'm just a worry wart I guess. Looking forward to going though.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 02:59 PM
mingled

Linda, Linda, Linda, <BR>There are probably more Irish in America than in Ireland. I'll bet everyone you meet in Ireland has relatives in the US, and many, many Americans are part, if not all, descended from the Irish. Our blood is so co-mingled, how could they not like individual Americans just because they are American? You might be their long-lost cousin!<BR><BR>As for terrorism, Northern Ireland had its own problems, largely in the past, and not directed at Americans, but at the British.<BR><BR>Why not read up on the wonderful things you'll be seeing in Ireland and be working on your itinerary, rather than worrying?

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:20 PM
David D.

Linda,<BR><BR>Don't give it a second thought...you're safer flying to Ireland than traveling along your nearest interstate.<BR><BR>Best of luck.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Linda

Thanks everyone, I feel better. Can't wait to go.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:29 PM
erin

Mingled<BR><BR>&quot; ..largely in the past&quot;..have you read a newspaper recently, I mean other than an American one? The troubles continue and will.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Frank

I think terrorism is rare in Ireland. Irish terrorists go to Britain to attack. Crime isn't that bad. Emergency medical care is good. I'm not sure where they get their beef. British beef is much safer, but Mad Cow Disease still exists. I heard that an estimated 40 cows have it compared to 10,000 cows a few years ago. Therefore, I think it's fairly safe to visit Ireland. It is possible that Arab terrorists will blow up a plane going to Ireland, but they might want a bigger bang for their buck and blow up a plane going to Britain.