Reload this Page >

Rothenberg Historical Festival

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Kathy

I am trying to secure rooms for mid May in Rothenberg. All replies state that they have no rooms available because of a Historical Festival going on that weekend. Can anyone tell me what we can expect from this festival, since we will be there?

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:24 AM
Kendra

Hi Kathy,<BR>I'll be there that weekend too. The festival is the "Meistertrunk" Festival which celebrates how back in the 1600's the mayor saved the town by drinking 3 liters of wine! Here's a link I found to last year's festival:<BR>http://www.meistertrunk.de/<BR><BR>It looks like the same activities will be going on this year (according to the calendar of events posted on www.rothenburg.de<BR><BR>I ran into the same problems finding a room (most hotels wanted a 3 night minimum). I finally found a room in Detwang (w/in walking distance of Rothenburg) at the Hotel Schwarzes Lamm:<BR>http://www.hotelschwarzeslamm-rothenburg.de/<BR><BR>I had found a room inside the city walls, but then found out you can't drive into the city during the festival.<BR><BR>Have a great trip!

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:04 PM
bettyk

What are the dates of the Festival? We will be there on May 10-11, so it must be the week after?

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:15 PM
Kendra

It's the next weekend, May 18, 19 & 20.

Old May 1st, 2002, 03:06 PM
bettyk

Thanks, Kendra.

Old May 4th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Kathy

Thanks Kendra,<BR>I live in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA and this is my first time in Germany. The festival sounds like lots of fun. My husband and I are looking forward to this trip very much. <BR>Kathy