Dieppe kite festival

Search

Dieppe kite festival

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dieppe kite festival

I plan to go to Dieppe next week for the international kite festival and need to select which day(s) now. There is a unhelpful overview of events on the website that says "final details to be published closer to the date". What is published mostly gives events for the opening and closing weekends although I will be there during the week. Does anyone have any experience with this festival and what is happening Monday - Friday, Sept 10-15?
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 11:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I've never been to the Dieppe kite festival but if it is anything like the Berck kite festival, I say rush there as quickly as possible, The days with the most spectacular events are generally Saturday and Sunday for obvious reasons.

Here is the sort of thing that you should be able to see: Berck kite festival 2011 | Any Port in a Storm
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 11:41 AM

I went years ago and found it magic. The weather was perfect and the summer tourist crowds were gone. Present were lots and lots of kite lovers. Being one myself, I usually travel with some type of kite in my pack. The reason why this huge area exists is not as joyful. The destruction of the seafront buildings in the disastrous raid on Dieppe left the city with a broad swath of destruction that was not rebuilt.

You'll have a wonderful time.
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Unfortunately, my friends in Paris have arranged their schedule for me to stay with them over the weekend so I can't go then. The final weekend I plan to be in Rouen for the weekend of patrimony. Other than that I am pretty free as to when I go there. I guess I will just planthe rest of the week and however it works to go there will be how it goes.