Visit in Paris for four days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello - I have to visit Paris first time for 4 nights (Fri-Afternoon of Sep 21 to Mon-Sep 24-Whole day). How I can manage trip so that I could visit many places in 4 nights limited period. You guys are expert for advise and I need your advise for these visit. Thank you
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 08:11 PM
kja

By doing research about what YOU want to see and experience and then checking opening hours and maps.
Old Aug 30th, 2018, 08:40 PM

Kja is right. We can't give any helpful advice unless you let us know what your interests are. Also, you really should do some research on your own. Have you purchased any guidebooks?

Do you like museums, Cathedrals, and seeing famous but crowded sites, such as the Eiffel Tower? Do you prefer spending your time walking around different neighborhoods?
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Hi,
Yes, I like museums, Cathedrals, Eiffel Tower etc. How I can spend four days. Can you please advise with Day-1,----Day-4. Thanks,
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 04:20 AM

You can use VisitACity.com. Paris section:
https://www.visitacity.com/en/paris/itinerary-by-day/4
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or https://www.fodors.com/world/europe/...s/things-to-do

Or https://www.lonelyplanet.com/france/paris

Or an actual guidebook.
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 06:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to Fodors.
I think you are asking us to be your travel agent and plan your trip for you.

Fidorites love talking about Paris and giving suggestions of our favorite places but first you must take the time to read some guide books, and/or trip reports, and tell us specific things you want to see & do. Plus you must get skip the line tickets for popular sites or you will be standing in line for hours.

We would love to help you but first you must help us.
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 07:03 AM

I'd buy a apperbook about Paris that gives sceanrios like 'PAris in 2 days', 'Paris in 3 days' and 'Paris in 4 days'.Quite useful. Probably exist on the internet too, but I like to have a book in hand. I recommend Michelin green guides : at least you don't have a US guys telling you what France is like after spending 2 weeks on the ground (and telling you rue Cler is a must, when nobody living in Paris has been there) : these guides is made by French about France (and mostly for French too).
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 08:30 AM

Travel agents dont' even plan daily itineraries normally, so no, that's not what they are asking. They are asking for a daily itinerary,

Some guidebooks do this well, check them out. I think Frommers does, maybe Fodors, I forget. I just think one of them does a section like "what to see if you only have one day", "3 days" etc. and those are good plans.
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 10:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-rea...aris-itinerary

https://www.zigzagonearth.com/3-days...ris-itinerary/
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Which Hop-On-Hop-Off bus good to visit Paris. I am thinking to see the places in four days. Can someone include if I missed something OR advise

Day 1 - Montmartre Walking Tour, Louvre Museum, Moulin Rouge Dinner and Show. ...
Day 2 - Paris Catacombs, Notre Dame Cathedral, History & Treasures Tour. ...
Day 3 - Palace of Versailles and Orsay Museum. ...
Day 4 - Eiffel Tower, Lunch Cruise, Arc De Triomphe and Champs-Elysees.
Old Sep 1st, 2018, 08:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I have never been to the Moulin Rouge but what I have read makes me think that if you want to see the show, you are better off getting dinner somewhere else.

I have never taken the hop on/off bus in Paris, it seems to me you would spend too much time waiting for the bus and it is pretty easy to get around to the sites you want to see.

For a river cruise you can take the Vedettes du Pont Neuf from near Notre Dame or the Bateaux Mouches or Vedettes de Paris near the Eiffel Tower. Once again, most advice is to do the cruise without the lunch, and have a nice lunch in a nearby restaurant.

Are the Montmartre walking tour and the History and Treasures Tour guided tours? Guided walking tours can be a great way to see things in the city. Montmartre and the Moulin Rouge are in the same area, but the Louvre is not, so you don’t want to have to backtrack more than necessary.
Old Sep 1st, 2018, 08:48 AM

Three things you do not need to spend money on (unless for some reason you want to, of course):

Dinner at the Moulin Rouge
The Hop-on Hop-off Bus
Lunch cruise

Instead of the Champs Elysées, which offers iconic satisfaction but little else, there are myriad Parisian neighborhoods you could just wander in and get a taste of Parisian life.
Old Sep 1st, 2018, 11:46 AM

On our spring visit to Paris (7 days) we used the Batobus which stops at 7 or 8 stops along the Seine, like a hop-on-hop off boat. Official Web Site of Batobus de Paris I think it was around 17euro, but it covered 2 days. We were happy with it, and hopped off one time and had lunch at a fine Basque restaurant in the Latin Quarter. Nice way to see the sights while resting tired feet.

I must be the only person in the world who was not overly impressed with Versailles. (Probably years of visiting ornate churches and museums, and maybe the heat wave and crowds were getting to me) But I understand why it's such a draw and the grounds are beyond impressive. Liked the town of Versailles itself.

Anyway, looking at any of the above suggestions for itineraries will help you make the most efficient use of your time.

One more thing.....wandering can be the most rewarding, even with a short amount of time. Tiny streets, cafes, no-name churches, art galleries.....aaahhh.
Old Sep 1st, 2018, 12:24 PM

take your time

My first advice would be not to try to do too much. Take your time. Select a district every day and immerge yourself in it. Le Marais, Saint-Germain des Pres and La Villette are good choices. Walk, go to the local market, enter the small shops that abound everywhere, visit parks. Eat in a local brasserie. Look around. That's the best way to enjoy the city.
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Which Hop-On-Hop-Off bus is very good to visit day/night Paris
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forget the HoHo. Expensive rip off. Go here and figure out the public buses: https://www.ratp.fr/en/plans-lignes/plan-des-bus

Last edited by thursdaysd; Sep 2nd, 2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Wrong URL
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 11:18 AM

Agree. As I already said, the HOHO bus is one of several things you do NOT need to spend money on. It will slow you down, cost too much, and there is NO reason you can't find your way around Paris. Get a map and study it. This isn't rocket science.
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 11:39 AM

Take a look at the Paris Museum Pass website for a list of most of the popular museums and monuments that are of interest to you.

You can plot them out an interactive map on the site to allow you to group them to see which are close together. To maximize your time, group what you want to see so you aren’t wasting time crisscrossing Paris.

You will also be able to check the days/hours of operation and make sure you note when any are closed!

If you are visiting several of the sites that participate in the Paris Museum Pass program, it may be worth purchasing a two or four day pass to avoid waiting in ticket lines (you will still have to go through security screening).
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Is it OK to buy ticket online for Eiffel Tower? But There are many tickets are online for Eiffel Tower. Which ticket should I buy for 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 7)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -