Notices

Rome in December

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome in December

Hi all I have'nt posted anything in awhile since my trip to Thailand last year. Anyway this fall I was going to do a London/Paris/Amsterdam trip but it looks like now I'm going to do Rome instead and do the other sometime late 2008. Anyway I was just wondering ballpark what the weather is like in Rome in December, and wheter or not this is a good time to go. I will search the forums for all the lodging and siteseeing stuff recomendations, but just wanted to get a quick feeling of what sort of weather I should expect that time of year.

thanks,
rachael
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM

I have never been in December, but last January I would say the temperature was in the 50s and low 60sF during the days and at the lower end of that spectrum at night. Colder than Thailand but very pleasant!
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 02:32 PM

Emily and I went in late November and it was ok, maybe a little wet. We did have to use a coat some. I suggest you wear layered outfit. This way you can take off your sweater, remove your jacket, etc. The great thing is that lines are non-existant. Visit our web site emilyandjim.info on yohoo... i have a couple of agendas and some pictues.. and oh yes in the video section a clip of a bus ride past the forum. Also, look at my and Emily's favorite restuarant. Oscar James
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 02:38 PM

hi, rache,

it might be cold, but more likely to be wet.

you don't need an umbrella though - at the least sign of rain, the umbrella salesmen emerge from the shadows - approx cost 3E.

regards, ann
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 04:28 PM

I was in Rome for 9 nights over Christmas and New Year's this past December. The weather was gorgeous, sunny and blue skies, not a drop of rain the entire time. Temperatures were in the 60's during the day, a couple of times it felt more like the low 70's when in the sun. I'm not saying this is normal, but that's what happened. It did cool down a lot at night.
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 05:26 PM

weve gone in dec-new years three times now and its an excellent time to visit. Dec is not a particularly rainy month - weve had a couple of days and maybe some brisk flurries quickly melting off. More common is a daytime temp where you can let your raincoat (nothing heavier!) hang open or even take it off. Like the holiday decorations, the spirit and winter foods - recommend.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

thanks everyone for the info, its sounds like the weather is going to be okay. I don't mind cool, or even a little cold, I just wanted to make sure that it was'nt like bitterly cold with blowing winds and freezing rain and stuff like that. But it sounds like it will be great for sightseeing. Its kinda of weird, but where I work, its just impossible to take vactions in the late spring or summer, becuase our clients are at their bizziest that time of year so we have to take our vactions from about December-March, and I have done Thailand 2 years in a row, so I figured I was ready for a change. Anyway thanks again for the info and I will check out that link.

rache