COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Rome Hotel - Residenza Zanardelli???

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:00 AM
Paige

Rome Hotel - Residenza Zanardelli???

First visit to Rome -- in search of a clean, centrally located, reasonably priced hotel with private bath. Small is fine and quaint is good. Found the Residenza Zanardelli written up in National Geographic Traveler and it looks fabulous, but have not been able to find a site with feedback from "real people" who may have visited the hotel. Information about the sister property, the Hotel Navona would be most appreciated as well. Any thoughts???

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:29 AM
Lesli

Paige -

If you type "zanardelli" in the text box, you will pull up many threads here; same with "hotel navona." The consensus seems to be that these are well-located, value-for-money establishments. Both are small and very popular, so you must book well in advance.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:01 AM
Janice

My husband and I stayed at the Zanardelli in October 2002 and we did
not have a pleasant stay. We were given
a single room, although we had booked
a double months in advance. The room
was tiny made even worse by the king
sized bed. The bath was tiny and so
was the armoire. I have closets at home
bigger than this room. I did take a look
at the double rooms and they were not
much bigger and held the same inadequate furnishings. The breakfast
room is, you guessed it, tiny too. Only
one table and coffee served from a thermal carafe. The Hotel Navonna handles bookings for this hotel
and offered no explanation or apology
for the mix-up with our reservation. I
would advise you to look elsewhere. I have had pleasant stays at the Hotel Due
Torri, also near Piazza Navona, and the
Hotel Parliamento, which is close to the
Spanish Steps.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:35 PM
Sandra

I stayed at Hotel Italia, decent, modest, large sized rooms. If you pay in cash, it is 100US per day, breakfast is included. It is a couple of blocks from train station. Ther is a web site and you can find info in Rick Steve's books.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:08 AM
Barbara

We stayed at the Hotel Navona, sister property and were not happy with the hotel, not very clean and management was very rude. Stayed at Hotel Primavera in the same building as Residenza Zanadelli and found it much better and management much friendlier and very helpful.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:39 AM
Lisa

I stayed in the Residenza Zanardelli and the Hotel Navona about 1 1/2 years ago. Our room at the Residenza Zanardelli was clean and comfortable. The location can't be beat. The staff was fine, no compliants. I found the breakfasts to be mediocre as in most Roman hotels in that pice range, but when in Rome it is a shame to not take advantage of the bars for a caffe/cappuccino, cornetto or other type of heavenly pastry, all for under 2 Euro. Hotel Navona was definitely more spartan but not bad. I would definitely stay in the Residenza Zanardelli again.