Rome Hotel Choices

Search

Rome Hotel Choices

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotel Choices

Can someone explain the location or area descriptions/differences or preferences between Hotel Artemide near the Termini station vs. Palazzo Navonna near Piazza Navonna and the Pantheon. Is Palazzo Navonna super crowded all the time with street performers? Is it noisy at night? Same with Artemide--is the area ok at night?
Old May 6th, 2017, 11:31 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
The PalZo Navona is located ona quiet side street . The area near Piazza Navona and the Pantheon is an excellent place to stay. I do not know anything about arwa near Twemini but usually not too good around train stations.
Old May 6th, 2017, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like to stay n Piazza Navona or the Pantheon and some (not all, just certain ones) of the streets running right off them, for the reasons you mentioned, but that said the Palazzo Navona is on a side street and should be fine.

The Artemide is in a fine neighborhood too, but on a very busy street, the Via Nazionale.

All things being equal, I'd probably choose the Palazzo Navona. But if your stay is a short one and you have numerous activities planned that keep you closer to the Artemide, you would have a good visit there too, I think.
Old May 6th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Any other opinions? Albergo del Senato also gets good reviews but is directly on the square. Is that also noisy at night?
Old May 6th, 2017, 08:03 PM

Hotel Aberdeen in the Via Firenze.

Thin
Old May 6th, 2017, 11:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When we stayed in the Albergo del Senato it was certainly not too noisy at night.
Old May 7th, 2017, 11:29 AM

I've stayed at Albergo del Senato many times. It has soundproofed windows, though some noise still filters in. Not enough to keep me awake, and honestly I find the location of the hotel one of the best in town for exploring Rome.
Old May 7th, 2017, 11:41 AM

Loved Albergo del Senato. To have that piazza below empty in the morning is kind of amazing and if you are there between May-September, the roof top bar is a treat.
Old May 7th, 2017, 12:24 PM

I stayed at Albergo del Senato a couple times, years ago. I prefer not to stay on Piazza della Rotonda because of all the people, but no, the hotel is not noisy. and it's a nice hotel.
Old May 8th, 2017, 07:30 AM

Albergo del Senato has sound proofed windows as mentioned. I usually have a piazza facing room and unless you go to bed at 9pm, it quiets down around midnight. You can request a rear facing room which is quite quiet at night.
Old May 9th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Some hotels state non smoking hotel (no smoking in rooms and public spaces). However, Albergo del Senato states non smoking rooms available. Does that mean that some rooms allow smoking? Does the smell permeate into other rooms?

Has anyone heard of Martis Palace? It's near Piazza Navona and a sister property to Hotel Lunetta. Any feedback on either of these places?