Rome Hotel

Old Jul 21st, 2006, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Hotel

Im looking to book a hotel in rome for the end of August.

I need a double room. I was thinking that for 4 nights, i didnt want to spend more than 400 euros. Therefore about 100 euros a night.

Is this a reasonable price for a good neighbourhood?

Also, what is a good neighbourhood/area to stay in? Im seeing a lot of hotels around the Vatican, and then some more by the train station.

Ultimately what is the best area of Rome to stay in? Any help would be great. I always find this the hard part of planning a trip. The tourist sights are easy enough to find.

Thanks
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:03 PM

Sharmon,
In the last three days you have posted that you are going to go to Mallorca, Spain, Portugal, Stuttgart, Paris Disneyland and now Rome all at the end of August for 2 weeks.

Can you share with us what you decided on for your itinerary? It might help with general suggestions for your trip.

Rome for less than 100E per night might be tough especially in high season. I'm sure some folks here can help.

Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Well my boyfriend is in Germany for the summer, so I am flying there. From there we are going to do a weekend in Paris. He has to work for 4 days while im there, so that is after paris. The following weekend, we are going to go to Rome for 4 nights and then hopefully to Spain.
We were looking into going to Mallorca for a week, but decided against that. We dont want to lie on a beach for our vacation. We have both done that in the Caribbean.
This is all very last minute, so im really trying to get a grip of everything. Neither of us have traveled throughout Europe.
Hopefully this helps. Sorry about all of the random posts. My mind is racing all over the place
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:12 PM
ira

Hi S,

How about starting a thread in which you give us your whole planned itinerary and your concerns, and we can keep it all in one place?

Check www.venere.com in the piazza Navona area.

Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:13 PM

Thanks. I think it just makes it a bit easier for us to know that you are serious about a location before a lot of people spend time trying to help.

Rome folks...
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

I bought a guide book today about Rome. So it is helpful with the main sites. I have decided that 4 nights, 5 days should be enough for us to see the basics. We both arent huge into seeing a lot of churches, but would like to see the main ones. So this helps us out a lot with our timing.

This whole trip idea came about 4 days ago when i found a really inexpensive flight from Toronto to Stuttgart Germany. I didnt think that financially it would happen.

My bf only has 6 work days off, so we are trying to make the best of it.

I feel so rushed planning this whole thing because realistically I would like to spend months planning and really doing the research
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:28 PM

Sharmon, if you want to stick to 100E a night in Rome, check out www.eurocheapo.com for ideas, also, consider the idea of a convent/monastery-there are several in Rome that cater to travelers-here is a website where you can start looking, and I should say, several of these convents have reviews on tripadvisor.com as well:

www.santasusanna.org/comingToRome/convents.html
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

I have found a package deal.

Bettoja Altantico Hotel for 4 nights + round trip flight Stuttgart to Rome for $941 american. This is for two people.

Is this a nice hotel? Has anyone stayed there? Is this price reasonable? I have been to trip advisor and there is a positive review.

Any help would be great.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:05 PM

According to the website,a double room is 140 euro a night.How much would airfare be regularly? Then you can get an idea of whether it's a good deal or not.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

I have just checked the lufthansa website and it would be about 375 euros for the round trip flight!

Thanks for the idea to check other websites. Now I know that I am getting a deal.

Is this a good hotel though? In a good area? Has anyone stayed here?
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:25 PM

a link to reveiws of Bettoja Atlantico

http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/H...ome_Lazio.html
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 05:50 PM

Sounds like you got a great deal, sharmon! Now fill in the blanks with a sightseeing plan that doesn't include too many churches . I think that www.romaturismo.com is a great help in vacation planning. On it are suggested schemes for seeing Rome in two days, three days, four days, etc. The plan is intelligently laid out to waste no time and see the things **most** people want to see.