Rome Hotel

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:10 PM
alex

Rome Hotel

Going with my wife fro 5 year anniversary in November. Could anyone recommend 5 start hotel that would be semi reasonable in price ($200-250). Also restaurant suggestions are welcome.<BR><BR>Thanks Alex.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:36 PM
Rex

Excerpted from a reply to a similar question, just earlier today.<BR><BR>Author: Rex ([email protected])<BR>Date: 08/21/2002, 11:59 am<BR><BR>Message: You should start with www.venere.com - - good for window shopping, making inquiries, booking reservations or cancellations.<BR><BR>I would put Minerve (4 star, I think) near the top of my list, but there are numerous others in which I have never set foot.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:58 PM
kate

It may be hard to find a 5 star for that price. However, we were in Rome in November 2000 and stayed at the InterContinental -- I wouldn't recommend it because it is at the top of the Spanish Steps, and we became sick of climbing the steps every time we wanted to go back to the hotel and rest (we're not old folks - we were 30 at the time). I would suggest, however, the Hotel d’Inghilterra. It is an adorable small, hotel located in the very upscale area at the bottom of the Spanish Steps. An Italian woman at work recommended it to me, and I didn't take her up on it only because we had frequent stay points at the InterC. However, we did have drinks in the cozy little bar, and the place really has charm. I think it is in your price range and I think it would be great for an anniversary.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:07 PM

topping<BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:55 PM
M

Alex,<BR><BR>I would second the vote for D'Inghilterra. It is a four star with an ideal location (though you may want to request a room that is insulated from street noise, since this is a lively part of Rome so close to the Spanish Steps). I have stayed there four times now, and service has been good. Rooms have lots of charm, especially the deluxe rooms, which might be in your price range or very slightly above during low season.<BR><BR>M