Reload this Page >

Hotel in Rome in February

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Cam

My husband and I plan to spend four or five nights in Rome in February. Can you recommend a hotel that is extremely clean, has spacious rooms and bathrooms with amenities such as in-room safes, is in a good central location close to restaurants and shopping, and is in the 175-200 euro price range? This will be our first and probably last trip to Rome, and we would like someplace charming and convenient.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 12:54 PM
martha

I have just returned from a wonderful trip to Italy with my husband for our 10th anniversary and we spent some unforgettable days in Rome in Caesar House (www.caesarhouse.com) a newly opened and very charming boutique hotel. The room was large and very elegant with all comforts and amenities. The location was perfect in the center of the city with lots of good restaurants around. We spent 225 euro as it was high season but I think that february is considered low season in Rome so it should meet your budget. I am pretty sure you will like it.<BR>Have a nice trip.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Marj

You can check out Santa Chiara, but I can't remember if there is a safe. The location is great, behind the Pantheon, very near Piazza Navona and Campo De Fiori. It also has an excellent buffet breakfast included. The website is www.venere.com/it/roma/santa_chiara/

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Marj

I justed checked the website, it does have an in-room safe. I don't know the size of a double. We stayed in a quad (a 2 room suite) and it was a decent size.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Rex

Charming is a dangerous word because it's in the eye of the beholder, but I am very comfortable recommending Cesari or del Senato. A bit above your price range in high season, but maybe not in February.<BR><BR>Both are EXTREMELY conveniently located.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 03:49 AM
bob

I would strongly concur with the Albergo del Senato recommendation. Their web site lists 216 Euro for low season double. Check it out: http://www.albergodelsenato.it/<BR><BR>The main beauty of this hotel is its absolute central location. It is directly on the Piazza della Rotunda which is where the Pantheon is. You will likely have a view from your room.<BR><BR>I have stayed in several hotels, in several areas of Rome, and this is our favorite.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:00 AM
ed

Hotel Rex on Via Torino is very nice. I do not recall if they have in room safe or not. Very plush rooms, great breakfast service, and central location. They have a web site if you care to search for it. A 3-4 star hotel.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Book Chick

I'd recommend Casa Howard, less than a block away from the Spanish Steps. For info, see the web site www.casahoward.com<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 01:09 PM
up

up<BR>

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:28 AM
anon

To the person who sent me this question by e-mail.<BR><BR>&lt;&lt; I see your posts on Fodors and I appreciate your views. I am curious as to what you think about this. The Caesar House is quoting me 180EUR per night for my Jan. visit while the del Sonato is quoting 217EUR per for the exact same dates. What would you recommend? To me they both look outstanding. Is the price difference justifiable? &gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I strongly prefer to answer questions here. It's not that I mind the imposition into my e-mail box. It's that I so, SO strongly support the concept: PUBLIC answers to publicly asked questions help many people. Private e-mail answers help one person. There is also great benefit to the "cross-examination" and tangential directions that answers can take.<BR><BR>Moreover, If I (or any one person) should appear to write good answers, it is largely because I choose which questions to answer. When YOU choose the questions for me, chances are that I don't know. This is true in this case. I know nothing about caesarhouse to make a comparison.<BR><BR>Lastly, I get a lot of questions by e-mail. I could spend more time answering those, and less time posting here. But then how would anyone know that I exist, to send me questions by e-mail.<BR><BR>This forum works, by concentrating those asking questions, and those answering them HERE. And of course, many of "us" do both.<BR><BR>I'll send this to you by e-mail also.<BR><BR>