Rome Campground help

Apr 25th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Rome Campground help

We are a family camping through Europe this summer. We are debating on a campsite in Rome. We need some feedback on the sites right near Rome....Camping Tiber and Flaminio Village. Also a second thought we had is to camp on the coast rather than right in Rome. August Rome will be stifling with the heat and we thought we may be better off to head to the coast for a welcome relief each night. Can someone recommend a campsite along the coast with good connections to Rome and preferably north of Anzio. Looking for your opinions and recommendations....Thanks Mary Ann
Apr 25th, 2005, 01:37 PM

And in August Rome camps, such as Flaminio which i once stayed at, will be so incredibly crowded that it's hard to believe - coastal camps probably will be full during the usual August holiday period. So reserve in advance in either case if going by vehicle.
Apr 25th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

palq

What is your opinion of Flaminio
Apr 26th, 2005, 10:42 AM

Though crowded in August, every campground i've been in in Italy then is. We found it rather pleasant - neat cafe/resto alfresco restaurant shaded by trees on an arbor. Good facilities as camping goes. Not too long a bus ride to Rome Pza de Popolo i think. As good as any but it's been some years since i camped there.
May 5th, 2005, 08:56 PM

Is there a big difference (in terms of how full the campgrounds are) between June, July, and August? We will be in Italy from June 17 - July 17. Do I need to make reservations? More than a day or two ahead of time? Are there places or times that I should particularly worry about and try to reserve? We are particularly excited to try to be in or around Siena for Palio. Is that even possible?
May 9th, 2005, 10:49 AM

Expect things to be hectic mid-July thru end of August - in places like Rome a bit earlier in July. June should be just fine. Suggest calling the camps and reserving or asking if you need to - for vehicles important - for tents seem to always be able to squeeze one more in.

Search this Thread