Rome Apartment Question

Search

Rome Apartment Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Apartment Question

This is our family of five's first time visiting Rome I am considering an apartment across from the Coliseum and was wondering if this is a good area to stay in. The address is Via Nicola Salvi 68. Thanks!
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM

That would not be my first choice of location....can be very busy but if the apartment is what you want and a good price that may be more important. I think that area is better than around Termini station or the Vatican.
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 09:26 AM

I agree...I would look for something closer to the piazza navona area myself.
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 10:12 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The street itself is fine (not much traffic and safe enough). It's directly across from the Colosseum, but at a higher level than the street the Colosseum is on. At the intersection of Via Nicola and Via degli Annibaldi are some ramps and steps to go down to the street the Colosseum is on and the subway is right there also. The road the Colosseum is on is extremely busy with a lot of traffic and I don't know if the sound would filter up.

If you state what you need in an apartment, your budget, number of days and areas/sites you plan to visit, people here might have better suggestions.
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your advice. We need 2 bathrooms and sleeping for five adults. Priorities would include being in a quiet area for sleeping, nearby restaurants and breakfast/pastry/coffee. I thought about Trastavere, but I'd like to be closer for walking to the main sights. I'm considering two other apartments, one near Piazza Novona, VRBO #1945 and one in the Jewish Ghetto, VRBO #258065ha. Our budget is in the 200-250 euro per night range. Thanks!
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 12:43 PM

We stayed in this apartment a few years ago and found the location excellent

http://www.romepower.com/eng/rome-mo.../Moon_136.html
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM

We stayed close to that apartment but on the east side of the Colosseum (Via Ostilia). Location was good - a small neighborhood with several restaurants and small grocery stores. But not large enough for your needs. I suspect the street the apartment you are looking at is noisy as it is busy - and right near the Metro station.