Rome and Positano Questions

Jun 1st, 2003, 02:05 PM
kmb
Original Poster

Rome and Positano Questions

We are planning a trip to Rome & Positano in September. We will spend three days in Rome 3 days in Positano, and back to Rome the day before we leave. Are we spending too much time transferring back to Rome for one night? Should I try to change our flight so we can depart from Naples? Would you stay in Positano for one more night (our flight would leave at 7:50 a.m. the next morning) or stay in Naples the night before leaving? If we went back to Rome we would try to leave early in the day so we could spend some time back in Rome or would that just be a wasted day?

Also wanted to know if we can visit Ravello and Amalfi in one day or is there to much to see and do? If you had to pick between the two which would you choose?

Thanks!
Jun 1st, 2003, 03:05 PM

Go back to Rome and relax and enjoy it another day. I always go back the day before. There will be plenty to see that you did not have time for earlier. You can definitely see Ravello and Amalfi in 3/4 day. I almost always visit Ravello when in Positano. Don't miss Villa Cimbrone!
Jun 1st, 2003, 03:22 PM
ira

Hi kmb,

Most of the flights leaving Naples leave in the early AM. Maybe you would like to see Naples instead of one more night in Rome.
Jun 1st, 2003, 04:53 PM

I found it a rude shock to go back to Rome after being on the Amalfi Coast. Maybe you should try to stay in Naples one night, and leave from there. The airport's much less frenzied than FCO.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
Jun 1st, 2003, 09:05 PM

I just left Positano area and had to take a flight back to US from Rome. I wish I had just taken a flight out of Naples and spent the last night there. After a relaxing, wonderful trip, the last day was sort of a letdown with the long trek to FCO.
Jun 5th, 2003, 02:26 PM

Rome is my favorite city in all of Europe, so I love every minute I can spend there. Whatever you decide, you will have a great trip! Enjoy!