Roissy bus questions; fast help before flight on 4/7 please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just figured out our daughter's flight gets in after the Air france shuttle to Gare de Lyon stops running at night. As she'll be leaving for Paris from CDG around 10 pm, I'm thinking the Roissy bus. Can all Fodorites who know it well please explain to me how she finds it at CDG? Can she pay with a credit card? Will it be a good choice to Opera station with 2 bags, as a taxi in seems too high?
Can she easily get a taxi to rue de la verrerie from Opera?
All help greatly appreciated!!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Yes, she should be able to get a taxi at Opera-but at that hour, it might not be easy. The fare is 10 Euro on Roissy, and it is available in Terminals 1 and 2, all she has to do is look for the Roissy sign, or ask. The Roissy bus is designed to accomodate luggage, and there shouldn't be that many people on the bus, so that shouldn't be a problem. I believe the last run is at 11pm, and it takes around 50-60 min. I'm not sure if they take credit cards, actually, something tells me they don't-I just took the Roissy bus last September. But she will need Euro, if she is going to take a taxi from Opera. There are ATMs in the airport arrivals area.

A taxi from the airport will run you about 50-55 Euro.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
ira

Hi D,

Spend a little bit more than the cost of the bus + cab and arrange for a shuttle pickup.

See
www.beeshuttle.com
www.paris-blue-airport-shuttle.fr
www.parishuttle.com

Old Apr 6th, 2007, 01:00 PM

According to www.ratp.fr, the Paris Transportation site, the last Roissybus leaves CDG at 23:00. The site shows the fare to be 8.50 EUR.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM

The ticket vending machines (where you wait for the Roissybus) take credit cards. The driver takes cash only, but it's the same price whether you get the ticket at the machine or on the bus.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all!! Do you have any idea what the taxi to rue de verrierie in the 4th might be?
Dawn
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 01:53 PM

That taxi won't cost that much, if she can find one. I'm not sure when you said she was doing this, but that is a busy intersection, and of course there are taxis around there. But she may have to compete with others, especially if a performance is getting out at the same time. I'd guess it might cost 10 euro at that time. There is a taxi stand down near the opera metro stop on the corner of bd des Capucines, but she won't see that from where Roissybus drops you, so I hope she has a map and can figure these things out.

Some of those private shuttle vans won't even operate at that time of night, anyway (I don't think Bee does).