Roissy Bus from CDG

Search

Roissy Bus from CDG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roissy Bus from CDG

My husband and I are going to Paris in May. We will arrive at CDG Terminal 2A via Continental Airlines and plan to take the Roissy Bus into the city. Our hotel is the Parc Saint Severin on Rue de la Parcheminerie 22 in the 5e.

Can someone please tell me how and where to get the bus? I assume we will need to get a taxi from the delivery point? We will each have a 22" wheeled suitcase and a carry on.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Maybe someone can tell you exactly, because I don't remember as I just follow the signs. They have signs in the airport directing you to the various transportation options. I think there are several points as to where to get it, but sometimes they change and they move the "door" or "hall" where some bus stops are, so you do kind of need to follow the signs. I think it is on the maps at www.adp.fr

However, I was mainly going to suggest that for your destination, it would be better to take the RER commuter train to the St Michel stop which is only a couple blocks from where you are going. YOu could then just walk from there.

Taking the metro from the Opera to that location isn't easy, I'd just take a taxi. You'd have to transfer once or twice. If you took the metro to Reaumur-Sebastopol and transferred to line 4, you'd then end up at St Michel just as if you took the RER to begin with. Or you'd take the metro line 7 to Jussieu, and transfer to line 10 and get out at Cluny, which is very near St Severin, also.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 09:32 AM

In Terminal 2A walk through the terminal until you get to McDonalds. The Roissybus stop is just outside of the terminal. On the pavement, you will see OPERA painted. You can purchase your tickets from the driver. We usually have only carry-on luggage so we take the metro from Opera. There are taxis waiting outside of the metro station.

To take the Roissybus back to CDG, the bus stop is by American Express on Rue Scribe. Again, you can buy your tickets from the driver. The trip from Paris to CDG will not take as much time because Terminal 2A is the first stop at CDG.

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for your quick replies and guidance. Two months to wait!
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 01:17 PM

It would be only one connection if you took the Air France bus to Gare Montparnasse, then metro line 4 to St Michel, where you could then walk to the hotel.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 10:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The RER B will take you straight to Saint Michel from CDG for 8 €.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 10:55 PM

I can see the Roissy Bus plus a city bus or Metro. But if a cab is going to be involved, why not just take one from the airport? If cost is the big factor, then take the RER.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Looks like the RER is the way to go. Thanks very much for your help.
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 08:09 AM

Just wanted to thank <b>Dorothy01</b> for her perfectly clear &amp; concise info re the Roissybus. Our hotel was close to Opera so her posting made our airport transport so simple. And talk about easy to locate landmarks -- McDonalds &amp; AX! Thank you Dorothy.