Search

CDG Shuttle Bus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG Shuttle Bus

Is there a shuttle bus from T3 to Term. #1 or #2 to connect with Air France bus to Montparnasse?
PS:T3 is the charter terminal that is seldom mentioned on this board.
Thanks.
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 12:33 PM

I thought the charter terminal was called T9 (and I just double-checked that in the Eyewitness Guide and it concurs). If we're talking about the same terminal, yes, it is linked to T1 and T2.
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 01:14 PM

T9 has been renamed T3 - which does kinda make more sense, since terminals 4 through 8 have yet to be built ;-)

Anyway, you will have to walk from T3 to the Roissypole/CDG 1 RER station and take a shuttle bus from there - take the one to T1, as it's closer and the AF bus stops there last on its way to Paris.

HOWEVER, since you need to get to the RER station anyway, I would recommend taking the RER B line B to Denfert Rochereau, then quic cab to your final destination in Montparnasse or change to Metro line 4 for a short ride to your final destination (which is where exactly?). Should be significantly faster, as the AF bus only runs every 30 min. and stops at Gare de Lyon on the way.

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks StCirq, Andre for your interest in helping out. Is the distance to T1
reatively short and doable for an older couple?
Thanks
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 07:18 AM

Corky, perhaps I wasn't clear - you walk from T3 to the CDG 1 RER station, not all the way to T1. From there you can either take the RER train or catch a free shuttle bus to T1.

I've never taken that walk myself (haven't used T3 yet), so can't judge this personally. According to the airport website, it's a 300m walk.

The only public transportation that stops directly at T3 is the Roissybus service, which takes you to Opera. From there, you could take bus 95 to Montparnasse station. This is probably the easiest public transportation option, albeit considerably slower than the RER/metro combo.

But honestly, if I were older and/or dealing with luggage, I would probably just take a cab straight from the airport, or even one of the shuttle services. If you are arriving on EasyJet, they have a discounted offer:
http://easyjet.parishuttle.com/

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

After posting my reply to your directions I wondered why a an airport of the stature of CDG would not have the terminals interconnected by a shuttle bus and did some Google searching and found that indeed they do.
Sorry for misreading your initial reply
and thanks once again for your clarification.
Old Jul 8th, 2004, 08:03 AM

Corky, I understand that you will be arriving at T3 and that you want to get to somewhere near Montparnasse.

If you have luggage, or if you prefer not to have to walk or deal with stairs, using the Air France bus is definitely preferable to the RER.

To take the AF bus, take a shuttle to either T1 or T2, from which place you can catch the AF bus to Montparnasse.

The AF bus drops you off across the street from the Meridien hotel. You can take a taxi from there to your final destination.