Reload this Page >

Confused...trying to get from CDG to Odeon Metro Stop

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Mina

Hi all...<BR><BR>In my prep, I forgot to figure out how to get to my hotel (Grand Hotel Balcons). The last time I was in Paris, I took the Eurostar from London, ending up at Gare Nord. So I'm confused as to how I get from the airport to the stop. Is it an RER train, then metro? I recall going to the airport that we had to ride a bus of some sort.<BR><BR>Please help. Thanks!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Eye Spy

Mina, take the RER Ligne B from CDG-Roissy direction Robinson or St Remy les Chevreuses. Get off at St. Michel/Notre-Dame. Transfer to Metro Ligne 10 direction Boulogne/Jean-Jaures. But this way is better for you with luggage: take the RER Ligne B (above) and get off at Chatelet-Les Halles. And transfer to Metro Ligne 4 direction Porte d'Orleans. The second way has less walking transfer time and the cars come a lot quicker on this line. If you go to St. Michel, you have to go up and down a lot more escalators to get to Ligne 10 than if you were to change in Chatelet-Les Halles onto the Metro Ligne 4.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Mina

Thanks so much Eye Spy for the quick reply! I will go look at my metro map tonight and understand your directions thoroughly.<BR><BR>I am only carrying a backpack, so I'm not concerned about luggage...just the fastest way!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Lucy

Hi Mina,<BR>when I stayed at the Balcons last year I caught the RER from the Luxumbourg (sp?) stop &amp; got a direct train to CDG - Luxumbourg station is a bit further away from the hotel than the Odeon metro station but I managed to get there with a very loaded suitscase so you should be fine with a backpack - I think this would be easier than changing lines to the metro.<BR>Happy travels!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Mina

Hmm...I'll take a look at that route too Lucy. Thanks!<BR><BR>I wonder what this bus business was about when I was there two years ago. I just followed my friend, who was in &quot;charge&quot; of getting us to the airport. Made me think trains don't run to CDG...

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Eye Spy

Mina, the new trainstation at CDG is wonderful. You won't have a problem finding the RER; just get on the RER Ligne B, that's all (and, of course, going in the right direction). When you get out at Odeon, you'll be at the Statue of Danton and by that time, I'm sure you'll remember where you are. Please do watch your backpack on the RER -- there can be people with 'sticky fingers.' Lucy has a good plan too if you want to walk to Odeon from Luxembourg. In all reality, if you know where you are going, you can just get off at Notre Dame/Saint Michel RER station and walk the rest of the way to Odeon (it's only 1 metro stop further on the Metro Ligne 4). I can walk it in 5 minutes. Have a great trip!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Eye Spy

Mina, in my haste I forgot to put on the Paris Transport Authority. There's an English option if you don't read French.<BR><BR>www.ratp.fr

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Diane

Have a good trip -- GHB is a terrific location. Lots in walking distance and wonderful Metro access. Go for the breakfast at the hotel the first morning and decide if it is what you want -- if you like a big breakfast and endless cup of coffee, it is a bargain. We hope to go back for a few days at the end of our trip in May...

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Mina

Hey guys..thanks. There were a couple of minor hiccups (on my part) but I got here fine.<BR><BR>Just an FYI for anyone who's interested. Seems St. Michel metro stop is closed for a few months (til April, I think). I chose the Chatelet option, so there was no problem. <BR><BR>Thank you guys.