Restaurants in Nice

Search

Restaurants in Nice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in Nice

I'll be spending a few days alone in Nice before joining friends for a barge trip in Provence. I'll appreciate suggestions of restaurants in Nice that won't break the bank, in view of the dollar/Euro ratio, even before I start the rest of my trip when I'll be paying for restaurants in Aix-en-Provence, and then for lunches the rest of the trip. Any and all suggestions will be MOST welcome!
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM

They have a wonderful market and we would get bread and cheese and bits of yummys and eat them on the beach across the street. That kept prices low and it was fun to picnic.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM

try Restaurant Du Gesu. the tables are set up outside in a beautiful, small, cosy square opposite an attractive church. it's located in old town. the atmosphere is very nice, food is very good and it is reasonably priced. also quite friendly. i used to go to nice quite regularly and this was always one of my favourite places to eat.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archive...est_socca.html

Socca, a very inexpensive tasty chickpea crepe that you'll only find around Nice. You can taste it at a stand or a café.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM

One of my fav restaurants in France is Le Merande (sp?) in Nice. I have travelled from Monte Carlo just to have luch there. The restaurant is extremely small, takes no reservations.

It is located on a side street in the Cours de Selaya area (Old Town). The food is not expensive though. The chef, used to be the top chef at a Michelin Rated restuarant in Nice, but decided on the slow strees free life of a small establishment. This used to be my bi-daily hangout when I lived in Nice.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Our two favorites are La Voglia, right on the Cours Saléya, and L'Ecurie, at 4 rue du Marché. Just around the corner from the latter is a pizza and pasta stand; there are tables to sit at outside. Finally, again on the Cours, is Spaghettissimo, which won't break the bank but is a nice location.
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 05:20 PM

Another vote for Restaurant de Gesu (1 Place Jésus, off rue Droite). Get there early and hopefully there'll be a wedding in the church opposite (we saw one last year!). If not, the waiters are pretty fun to watch too. We love their pizza and the pasta is good too.

There are quite a few other good, inexpensive restos around here, just follow your nose. I love kelliebellie's pique-nique idea too.

I've used this site for good resto recs and Nice info:

http://www.allaboutnice.com/restaurants_in_Nice.html
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

My thanks to all of you--I think it's a good idea for me to start planning on adding a few(hopefully only a few!)pounds while on this trip. You've given me great help and I'm sure I'll be following up on them.
Now I'm ready to move on to planning for Aix-en-Provence. Any suggestions? The planning is great fun, and all of you are making it more so.
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Wonderful and very inexpensive pizza and pasta at Piazza Massena 2 rue Massena.