Notices

Restaurant Ideas: Rome

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurant Ideas: Rome

Thanks to a dear friend from NYC, I leave Sunday for Rome for 5 days, all expenses paid! She won/earned the trip through work and can take one guest.

Although it is inclusive of meals, I want to take her to dinner one night. We are staying on the Via Veneto at the Hotel Regina ( mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but never look a gift horse....).

Doesn't have to be in that area. I haven't been to Rome in about 10 years, I remember one great meal of roast lamb somewhere in the old Jewish quarter, but have lost the name of the restaurant. Budget max 200 to 250€, but am interested in suggestions in any price range.

Thanks!
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 05:00 AM

We had a wonderful experience several years ago at Dino & Tony's, Via Leone IV, 60,192 Rome, Italy, telephone -06 39733284. We are returning to Rome this year and have the restaurant on our radar screen for a return visit. It seems the reviews are still pretty good for the place. Have a wonderful trip, what an awesome friend to take you along!!
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Luv.

I meant to add there are no group meals (thankfully) so we are on our own and welcome suggestions for our entire stay.
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 05:20 AM

I am visiting Rome 5-6 times per year and i have many italian friends.
Usually i try to avoid the very touristical center of the city, where most restuarants have plastic chairs, and also plastic touristic food..... There is one restaurant though that my italian friends and me adore, located right in the city center, a few steps away from Via del Corso and Piazza del Popolo.. it's name is Il Brillo parlante , at Via della Fontanella 15 - 00187 Roma Italia ,telephone - 06 3243334.
They have great italian food from the region of Roma and the most amazing Tiramisu that i have ever tasted in Italy !!!!!
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 06:13 AM

I was in Rome the first week of this month.

We enjoyed Checchino dal 1887 on two visits to Rome, most recently the first week of April. It's traditional Roman in a calm, somewhat upscale dining room.

For modern takes on Roman food, we also like Antico Arco. In three visits it has never disappointed. Upscale, young vibe.

We tried Asino d'Oro and loved it--creative Umbrian, young atmosphere.

And walked by Roma Sparita when going to Santa Cecilia in Trastevere. We were there for lunch so no pizza for us, but everything was great: cacio e pepe, abbacchio scottadito, risotto with radicchio.

You would probably have to taxi or take a long walk to most of these places. Have fun!