Notices

Italy- Rome Restaurant

Old Aug 1st, 2009, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Italy- Rome Restaurant

Heading to Rome, only for one night before we catch a cruise from the area. Last time I was there I remember a wonderful meal at Il Giardino di Albino. What we loved so much was the house antipast.... so much and so many choices..

Anyone have any other recommendations for me? Casual, but yummy restaurant for a family... priced mid-range.

Thanks
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM

We enjoyed Cafe Mancini on our last trip to Rome. The family/owners are from Naples so there's an emphasis on seafood, but the menu is nicely varied. Click on the website navigation bar at the bottom of the page so view menu, map, etc. It's a little tough to find without a good map of Rome.

http://www.cafemancini.com/english/storia.htm
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:10 AM

Because of my job I spent last week in Rome and I have two tips now:
ACQUOLINA, in the area named Fleming, far from the touristic area and, opposite, the very well known SORA LELLA.
Both very good; anyhow, in a rank whose main criteria is the rate price / quality, well, SORA LELLA is first and ACQUOLINA is second.

Ciao.

Vincenzo
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:57 AM

We just returned from Rome, and our favorite casual restaurant is Pierluigi on the Piazza de Ricci. The food is great, perfect for families and well priced. It is an easy walk to Piazza Navona and the Trevi etc. We had dinner there a few times this trip, and there were always families both tourists and locals eating there. We always make this our first stop when in Rome.
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM

My first choice is always Armando Al Pantheon. It is a few steps from the Pantheon. Salita Dei Crescenzi, 31 Tel#06.68803034 but they are closed in August.
My next favorite is Osteria del Sostegno in an alley off Via della Colonelle.YOu can email them with a reservation they begin serving after 7PM.
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM

Fabulous, cozy, intimate, and absolutely delicious. You won't regret it for the world: http://www.ilbacaro.com/
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 12:10 AM

If you like the antipasto spread, try L'Orso 80. A favourite of many celebrities and very cheap with heaps of food.

Or, for the same type of thing, try Alla Rampa near the Spanish Steps.
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 07:06 AM

Try this website: http://www.ivebeenthere.co.uk/places...ips/restaurant

I found it very helpful.
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 07:54 AM

I would not recommend L'Orso 80. It has gone severely downhill in recent years, and they dump uneaten portions back onto the buffet and re-serve them.
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM

Zerlina....that grosses me out! My husband and I are headed to Rome next month. Any other places we should avoid? (Sorry to hijack this thread LongIsland but thought you might want to know too!)