Resort or spa near London

Apr 23rd, 2002, 03:18 PM
Ellie

Resort or spa near London

Any recommendations for a romantic getaway near London? We only have 2-3 days available in May and would like to have a quiet resort or spa getaway.

Apr 24th, 2002, 01:39 AM
Mike

Cuing on the spa item, if money is no object, have a look at Chewton Glen in the New Forest. I think it's about the best luxury hotel with health club (tho I really do NOT do health clubs), and the area is very pleasant (New Forest). That would be about 90 mins on the train.

I really couldn't pass comment on them, but two others worth looking at would be Cliveden (nr Maidenhead, on the Thames) and the Vineyard at Stockcross, near Newbury. The former is a famous country house, owned by the NT, with links to Churchill, while the latter is a relatively new venture opened by a Californian vintner, I believe.

Apr 24th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Kavey

When we visited Danesfield House in September last year, and again in January, their new spa facility had just opened and looked nice.

They are part of the Small Luxury Hotels group (www.slh.com) but have their own website too, www.danesfieldhouse.co.uk which has more information.

Kavey

Apr 24th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Kavey

On relooking at the site they seem to have a May Bank Holiday Offer - valid from Thursday 2nd May to Monday 6th May with special prices on rooms, including use of Spa (though that is standard).

Apr 24th, 2002, 04:50 AM
linda

Ellie, I would definately check to see if the new Bath Spa has opened in Bath. Bath is a beautiful, romantic city and the spa, if it is completed, is state-of-the-art. Excitement is running high about this hopeflly completed project. What a thrill to once again be able to swim in these ancient waters as well as enjoy all the latest spa perks.

linda

Apr 24th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Ellie

Hi Linda, Thank you so much for your recommendation. Unfortunately the Bath Spa is not scheduled to open until November, 2002. I love the idea though and would love something similar. Thanks for your idea. Ellie