Reload this Page >

Best luxury spa in Scottsdale?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Deb

Looking to lavish in luxury for just one day. Does anyone have a favorite Spa in Scottsdale or Phoenix? I am considering either the Fairmont Princess or the Sanctuary on Camelback. I am however open to others.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Gina

Phoenician's is more lavish, as is the resort itself.
I find the pictures of the rooms at the Sanctuary very worrisome. Looks for all the world like a converted apartment building with dark, very basic rooms. Not even remotely "luxurious".
I never read any favorable comments about the place either.
The Fairmont's fine.
It's not the best in town, though.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 05:01 PM
traveler

Just returned from the Sanctuary on Camelback. What a surprise and maybe they want to keep it that way. Very luxurious and private resort on the side of Camelback Mountain. Go if you want quiet and upscale as there is no "flash" to distract. I stayed in the mountainside casita, a spacious one bedroom suite with a contemporary kitchen, a real fireplace in the living room, a comfy king bed with six down pillows and comforter, and an ultra modern bath with WC. The spa casitas are more urban modern, one had a claw foot tub on the private patio. The spa, which is my true focus, was peaceful, professional, with discreet and friendly assistance and excellent spa choices. Good restaurant, beautiful infinity pool, and nice banquet space. The sky was beautiful from anywhere on the resort. OK, I let the cat out of the bag but it was a memorable experience. I even caught the meteor shower from my bedroom balcony!

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Jennie

Traveler, thanks for the review. How would you describe the rooms and bathroom compared to other places you've been that you liked?
Do you think the Sanctuary is one of the best places in PHX? Have you stayed other places in the area?
Thanks.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 10:03 AM
ddd

The Mariott Camelback Inn is consistently rated the best spa in town by the locals. The resort is spectacular as well. I encourage you to check it out yourself on the internet at www.camelbackinn.com. I was just there a few weeks ago to use their spa services for the first time. It was really great. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 10:19 AM
J

Just one opinion here, of course, but I wanted to chime in with a no vote for the Biltmore, if you're looking into that spa. The service I had there wasn't very good, and the price they tried to charge me was $15 more than the price advertisied (I paid the price I'd been told at booking, not the higher one).

May have just been an off day or miscommunication, but I wouldn't go back.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 10:19 AM
J

And....forgot to add, the massage I had at the Four Seasons Scottsdale was one of the best I've ever had. Beautiful spa area, friendly staff, lovely place to spend the day. I don't know if there is an additional fee if you are not a guest of the hotel.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Karen

ddd is correct in stating that Camelback Inn is most popular with locals, at least all my friends that use spas, like it best. I might mention, off the subject of spas, that Sanctuary on Camelback Elements Restaurant got an absolutely scorching review in our local paper...the reviewer found nothing acceptable about the food or service, but did commend the spectacular views. The review was for breakfast and I assume they will correct everything or they will not survive as a luxury resort.