Reload this Page >

Paris; Help for Mom and Daught

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:10 PM
Paris

I'm taking my daughter to Paris for 2 weeks in Jun. HELP? where to go? where not to go? My daughter is 10. Help?

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:16 PM
xxx

Ever heard of a guidebook? A bookstore? A map? Why did you decide to take your 10-year-old to Paris if you have absolutely no clue what to do when you get there?

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 01:11 AM
andi

I will bring to the top my trip report on my recent visit to Paris with my 13-year-old daughter. Okay, a little older, but you might get some ideas.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Christina

hmmm... I presume you have all the arrangements made (hotel, air) and just don't know what to do when you get there? Because otherwise getting a popular hotel will be difficult this late, June is very popular. Well, there is a special section on travel to Paris with kids on about.com, I'd suggest you review it for lots of good ideas. It references to other web sites, one I was going to say, www.timeout.com -- good section on kids.<BR><BR>http://goeurope.about.com/library/weekly/bl-paris_children.htm<BR><BR>Two weeks is a long time, I guess you're on business or something? In that time frame, definitely take some trips outside the city (which those guides won't mention). I'd recommend Chantilly, for one, which has a beautiful chateau and gardens, but is more manageable in size than Versailles (which might be good also). Andi had a good trip report, and some others have on here, also, with children.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 12:59 PM
elaine

Hi I've got a file on Paris and one on Paris for kids, if you'd like to see either, email me.