CDG Airport

Apr 24th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Helen

CDG Airport

I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but a friend and I are flying into Paris on two different flights. I'm just trying to figure out the best place to meet her. Any ideas? I'm flying Air France and she's flying American Airlines, so I don't think we're even in the same wing of the airport. Thanks in advance!

Apr 24th, 2002, 07:57 AM
curt

Helen go to this page and find out lots of things about CDG...you can figure out the terminals you are coming to and then locate a common cafe, etc to meet in
http://paris-cdg.com/

Apr 24th, 2002, 08:28 AM
richardab

Lucky for you that American Airlines and Air France both use terminal 2. American Airlines flights arrive at hall B and Air France at Hall A. I suggest that whoevers flight arrives first walk to the other part of the terminal.
A better websight for CDG is the official one at --

www.adp.fr

You can find terminal maps under the link that says ACCESS

I think the best place to meet can be where they exit from the baggage claim or perhaps at the information booth which is located in each hall?

These places can be a scene when all the international flights are arriving so I agree that it a good idea to have a meeting point. Be sure that if there is an alternate plan such as, "if the flight is more than 1 hour late..."

Apr 24th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Jim

Helen,
I think I would choose McDonald's on the Botique level of Terminal 1 of the airport. Everyone in the airport would know where McDonald's is.

Apr 24th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Jim

Helen,
I thought American Airlines would arrive at Terminal 1.
If not,Richardab's recommendation would seem appropriate.

Apr 24th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Andre

Helen,

Unfortunately, you've received some contradictory (and wrong) information...

Regarding terminals:
American Airlines ALWAYS arrives at terminal 2A

Air France can arrive at ANY of the CDG 2 terminals (A through F). You can find the "official" arrival terminal for your flight by checking the schedule on www.airfrance.com. However, there is a pretty good chance that your flight will actually dock at a different terminal - it depends on where the aircraft you're on is headed next...

Anyway, I would do the following if you're both arriving around the same time: the person whose flight is scheduled to arrive first should go to the "meet and greet" area closest to where the other person's flight will arrive. Arrival information will be posted so you will know where that Air France flight will actually be landing.

If there's a long wait between flights, I would suggest hanging out at the Sheraton hotel which sits atop the TGV station right in the middle of CDG 2. I imagine they must have some sort of bar/lounge - check their website.

Hope this helps
Andre

Apr 24th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Helen

You guys have been great with this. Thanks for all the information. But another quick question. I would like to pick up my bag first and then go meet her. I just don't want my bag to be sitting on the carousel for 2 hours while I wait for her flight to land, you know? Do you think that that will be a problem? Getting my bag and then getting back into the terminal?

Apr 24th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Andre

Helen,

Of course you should pick up your bags as soon as they come out on the carousel, then go through customs and exit the passenger-only area!

The meet & greet areas I refered to are accessible to the general public...

Once you're outside of the passenger-only area, you can easily walk from terminal to terminal or take a shuttle bus which runs on the circular access road linking all the terminals at CDG 2.

Check out www.adp.fr for a better idea of the airport layout.

Andre