Reload this Page >

Is CDG Terminal 1 that ugly?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Anna

I was looking foward to arriving into CDG from my British Midlands flight from London next month since I heard so many good things about this airport.<BR><BR>But, I was reading a recent post that said Terminal 1 was extremely ugly and looked just like a cement building with no architecture at all - is this true?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:25 PM
StCirq

It's pretty ugly. It was probably very chic when it was built, but it's a circular, tubular thing now that seems way out of the past. Does it matter?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Enerve

I agree; what does it matter? Airport, unless long layover, is just a place to land and from which to get to city. Perhaps on just a short flight, it is important to you, but when I arrive at CDG from USA, I barely notice the surroundings; just want to get transport to hotel and nap!

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Anna

It's not a big deal, but after hearing all the raves about CDG, I was getting excited to actually see it - is it Terminal 2 that everyone loves?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:08 PM
richardab

Anna I am sorry but I think you may be referring to my comments about CDG.<BR><BR>I wish I could say that it was a great airport with good shops and amazing architecture, but it is not. Like I said it looks like a big parking garage. I agree that Terminal 1 may have been state of the art when built, but now it looks ugly. You are correct that Terminal 2 which houses Air France is much nicer. Don't worry about it, its just an airport. <BR><BR>Actually there is talk that the Star Alliance wants to take over the terminal. This could mean some changes...

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Kay

I didn't even notice the airport I was so happy to be in Paris.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:22 PM
s

I agree with Kay, I still don't really know what the airport looks like, I am sleepy and happy to be there, and anxious to get in that cab and be in Paris!<BR>