Residenza Cellini- good location?

Oct 30th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Original Poster

Residenza Cellini- good location?

Hi, just wondering if someone could tell me anything about the location of Residenza Cellini... is this near the Spanish Steps? Is this a good location for singles? And if yes, is it a nice hotel? What about the Piazza Navona area? Better? I hope to hear your suggestions. thank you!
Oct 31st, 2005, 04:26 AM

Actually, via Modena is NOT very close to the Spanish Steps; it's near Piazza Repubblica and in an area that I think (never having stayed there) probably becomes fairly deserted in the evening.

I would not suggest the location or even a location closer to the Spanish Steps.

Something in or near the triangle of Campo de Fiori/Pantheon/Piazza Navona is much more central and offers many more cafes and restaurants to choose from. And because there are generally many people out for the evening in the area, it is quite safe for singles exercising normal caution.
Oct 31st, 2005, 10:14 AM

We stayed there in April for three nights and loved it. Their cappucino was awesome! The room was lovely and quiet. The service was amazing. They even set out breakfast for us at 5 AM our last morning.

We could walk to everything except the Vatican. I would highly recommend the stay!
Oct 31st, 2005, 10:14 AM

Oh, BTW I would not say that it is close to the Spanish Steps either. I took us about 15 minutes to walk to them.
Oct 31st, 2005, 10:22 AM

I second that--Residenza Cellini is a wonderful hotel! We stayed there in 2003 and would highly recommend it. We were treated like family. While it's not extremely close to the Spanish steps, the location did allow us to walk to most things we wanted to see (besides the Vatican) within 15-20 min.