Reserving a hotel room--Siena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking for a hotel in Siena that is nice and clean but not too expensive...don't plan to spend much time in it! If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Also, I found one hotel that looks really nice that said they have 2 apartments available for me, which I tried to reserve by credit card. Instead, they said they don't take credit cards but would like me to send a travel check for the full amount of the stay to reserve the room. Is that normal? I don't know much about travel checks...is that safe for me to do without getting ripped off?
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 07:18 AM

Try to book the Hotel Alma Domus. It is a convent lodging attached to the Santaurio Santa Caterina. Spotlessly clean, relatively cheap ($45 USD in 2002), well located, fantastic views of the Duomo from most of the rooms. Do a Google search and you will find quite a bit of info on it.
Old Apr 9th, 2004, 08:10 AM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34487631
Here is a recent thread re budget hotels in Siena. You may find others by typing "hotel AND budget AND siena" into the text box at the top of this page.
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 07:45 AM

We just got back from Florence and Sienna. Stayed at the Best Western Dei Prioi just 10 minutes outside the old walled city of Sienna. Paid 45 Euros per nite, included full buffet breakfast. Also had a happy hour buffet, but didn't go.
It's a 1 Euro bus trip that takes less than 10 minutes (a small bus that drops you off in the center) or 15 minutes (a large bus, that drops you off outside the Cathedral of St. Catherine, and a 5 minute walk into the center). A cab costs $7euros including tip.

Its a modern, brand new hotel, great bath towels, wonderful shower pressure.

Its on a hilly street, 5 minute walk to the bus stop. If you have a lot of luggage, take the cab to and from the hotel when you arrive and depart.
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

sounds perfect! thank you!