Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Transportation From Florence Airport to Hotel

Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright! There are four of us traveling and we have at least 6 pieces of luggage (large luggage). I don't think it is possible to fit all of us and the luggage into a taxi, therefore, do they have another means of transportation from the airport to our hotel that would accommodate all of us.
Thanks
JCP
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 12:06 AM

Two taxis. The trip without traffic would take about 15 minutes (depending on your hotel location) and cost less than 20 Euros. Organizing a van would not be worth it, IMO. Taxis are plentiful at the terminal curb. You can put luggage in the trunk and front passenger seat, and then 2 people in the back.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 03:18 AM

I agree with Cicerone. You could even try one cab to begin with, but I think you will have to go with two since the cars are fairly small over there.

Also, that would be less than 20 euro per cab.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Ivy

I'd take the bus, the bus is fast, cheap and has a hold for luggage on the bottom. It's more like a greyhound bus then a city bus- quite nice. I forget the exact number of the bus but the fodors guide has that info. We took it and were there in 15 minutes for like 2 dollars a person. It leaves you at the train station in florence.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:57 AM

Just to offer some more information. We were in the same position about 3 weeks ago. Two of us and 3 large pieces of luggage and a carry-on. We ended up taking the city style bus. It was right outside the airport and took us straight to the bus station beside the train station. It cost us 4 euros total. It was a bit tough getting the bags on but plenty of room once they were. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 05:24 AM

Two taxis is the best solution, but if you wish to save money you could mix it up with the bus, all it fits in the taxi the rest in the bus.