COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Reims day trip from Paris

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Reims day trip from Paris

I'll be in Paris for 2 weeks in July and would like to find a day tour to Reims. Has anyone tried tour company that provided such? Rather have guided tour than strike out on my own with train trip. Thanks for any info
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:16 AM

I took my brother and sister-in-law there 2 weeks ago, by car, but we could also have done it by train. The 2 things of interest to them were the cathedral and a champagne tour. We went to the cathedral first and then went to the tourist office next door, which recommended Tattinger as having a tour that fit our schedule, as it was getting pretty close to noon when most places close down. We went there with no problem and had a good tour (10&euro with a glass of champagne.

We were on a tight schedule but would probably also have visited the Surrender Museum if we had had more time. I can't imagine needed a guided tour to do the things there are to do in Reims.
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:23 AM

It is so easy to do on your own. I took a day trip there from Paris with two friends, and we were completely clueless and did not speak any French.

The train ride was easy and quick. We walked to the cathedral and then took a tour at Mumm.

You will have no problems.

Old May 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kerouac,
Thanks for your help. I really just ned like bus tour guide to get to Reims and area. Once there I'm sure we could manage. Think the bus travel would be much earier on the elderly traveler. Have you heard of any companies offering these accomadations?
We definately will do the Surrender Museum.
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM

I highly recommend a visit to the Musee de la Reddition, a small museum where the WWII surrender was signed in Eisenhower's HQ map room.
Reims is very easy to tour independently.
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:34 AM

Paris Cityrama Tours
www.Sightseeing-tours-in-Paris.com Visit most landmarks of Paris on Cityrama Bus with Commentaries
Paris France Tours

www.grayline.com Gray Line Paris offers sightseeing tours in & around Paris France.

These are the two big outfits that seem to have a lock on such tours
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM

The two big tour companies in Paris offer some to Reims/Champagne...

http://www.pariscityrama.com

http://en.parisvision.com/18-excursions.htm
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:53 AM

FWIW, I've done a tour with Cityrama and they were very good. It wasn't to Reims, but I'd definitely use them again for a tour, based on that experience.
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:58 AM

For simple transportation from Paris to Reims without a tour, the train is the only option. There is no intercity domestic bus service in France.
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:01 PM

TourPackagers.com - Detail
Reims Champagne - Full day excursion (Minibus Tour) ... Arrival in Paris: Tour ends around 6h30 pm at the bus terminal and drop off to your hotel by minibus ...
luxexperience.tourpackagers.com/00456/Reims-Champagne-Full-day-excursion-Minibus-Tour.aspx?affiliate=881