Reload this Page >

Regents Canal Boat Tours

Search

Regents Canal Boat Tours

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Mark Vaughan

Regents Canal Boat Tours

Has anyone taken one of the tours through the Regents Canal? Is it worth doing or is it better to just walk along the footpath from Little Venice to Camden Lock Market? Will already be doing considerable walking so a boat ride might be nice if there is something to see.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Nancy

I took the canal boat and had lunch on the boat. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The locks are fun (if you haven't been through one before), the food was good and view is different. I recommend it.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Lori

We did this a couple of trips back, it was nice and a good way to rest our feet! We went from Camden to Little Venice. It's rather a long walk I'd think. In good weather it would be a pleasant boat ride.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:31 AM
Bill

Do these canal trips go year around? Will be in Londond for Thanksgiving and would like to go from Little Venice to the London Zoo.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Geoff Hamer

The boats run all year between Little Venice and Camden Lock, though only at weekends in winter. It's also a very pleasant walk along the towpath, except that there is a tunnel with no towpath so you have to walk through the streets. I'd suggest going one way on the boat - it's a novel experience to go through a tunnel in a boat - and to go the other way on foot. The best part of the canal goes through Regent's Park and is worth seeing whichever way you do it.