Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Question for someone just returning from or someone that lives in Munich....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2004, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are traveling to Munich on April 10th. I have been keeping an eye on weather.com to get an idea of the weather there and it seems to be raining (according to weather.com) just about daily. Is this accurate (I am sure it is) and if so, is it usually an all day kind of rain, or a morning thing?? This probably sounds like a dumb question and I will probably be drug through the coals but I am just trying to get a handle on what to pack. Mid to upper 50's is pretty nice where I am from (Colorado) but it can feel colder in other locations. I don't want to over pack but I dont want to bring a bag of wrong items (good excuse to shop though). Any help with weather and advice on how to dress would be appreciated. No mean posts please!
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Anyone???
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 06:26 PM

Check out weatherbase.com. it offers historical data. i find this very helpful.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 10:55 PM
hsv

Around Germany rain usually isn't limited to particular times of day such as morning.
If it's raining you can be sure there will be dry intervals during the day, but it depends on the weather situation so it cannot be ruled out that it will keep raining for a couple of hours.
Pack so you will be able to dress in layers and you will be alright.
You can expect temperatures between the mid 50s to mid 60s during the days at this time of year. There usually are not very strong winds in Munich so chill factor does not have to be accounted for in particular.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 03:19 AM
Singletail

If I didn't know better I'd swear that the original poster is worried about seeing Noah's Ark sailing up the Isar...wear your rubbers, just like your Mom (or Dad) always told you and you should be OK.

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 05:34 AM
Peep

I live in Munich and can assure you that it has NOT been raining everyday lately, although it's always a possibility! Today it's sunny and about 60. We have a lot of gray days where it looks like it will rain, and maybe somewhere it does. When it rains in the spring, it doesn't care what time of day it is. Sometimes it drizzles all day but it rarely POURS all day. Bring a raincoat and an umbrella and whatever you're comfortable in. It can be really windy, enough to ruin your umbrella! Tuesday was like that.

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 07:58 AM

hi, travel, you might want to check out www.meunchen.de, they have a webcam in Marianplatz as well as a little weather reporter to the right of the screen. That would keep you up-to-date posted on the daily weather up until your trip. I'm going mid-May and can't wait.
Marge
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 08:30 AM

Sorry, that should have been www.muenchen.de
Marge