Question about Lashmars Tickets

Feb 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Question about Lashmars Tickets

Hello all,
I have a slight problem regarding a pair of tickets ordered from Lashmars a few months: because I ordered them abroad, I have to pick them up, but I don't remember the exact date for when I ordered them. I can only pick them up the date ordered and Lashmars doesn't have a database; I checked my emails but none of them have the date--I do, however, have the transaction reference number. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any advice? Please let me know; I'd really appreciate it!
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:56 AM

You are saying that they gave you a reference number but they have no way to look that up?

How do they know how many tickets you ordered?

Do you know the theatre the show is in? perhaps you could call them or call Lashmars.
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:59 AM

If you've checked, I guess you've checked, but I'd suggest you check again. I ordered tickets via Lashmars over the internet, and I still have their confirmation Emails; and in that email, they did quote the show, the theatre, the date, the seats and the price.

Failing that, you may need to call them to try to get this sorted.. I take it you have their number (011 44 20 7494 1767 if dialling from the US)
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your responses; I have called them but it was then that I learned they have no database--the reference number is just my records and doesn't actually refer to anything they have onsite. They don't retain any information regarding ordered tickets, so they don't know how many I have ordered. My confirmation email says nothing other than information regarding the transaction number and date, but I'll definitely call again; thanks for posting the number.
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM

A similar incident happened to me. I ordered from them, for they appeared to be a reliable source, and they were providing the best seats for the shows that we chose. I received a confirmation with no details about shows, dates, times or seats. I did retain the initial email that they sent me about such info. but wanted confirmation in writing, so I emailed them requesting that they verify that information, and have not yet received a reply. Phoning is expensive and inconvenient, but I guess that's my next step.
I hope that we haven't been taken!
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:26 AM

And the moral of this story is...

just book direct with the theatre.
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:20 AM

An update: Before going to the expense of telephoning, I sent Lashmars another email requesting a written confirmation that included shows, dates, times and seats. I received one within several hours.
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM

Boy does this sound fishy. So if the show were cancelled or something you could never get your money back because you have no record -- nor do they? Kind of hard to swallow.

But, scoutjewel, I'm curious if you checked directly with the theatres as I can't imagine why they couldn't off you just as good tickets without the fees. And phoning is NOT expensive. Haven't you ever heard of the 1010 numbers that cost 5 cents or less per minute?
Feb 9th, 2007, 07:53 AM

Dedbetty,
I contacted my hotel's concierge to deterimine Lashmars' credibility or not; he verified that they are reliable; he knows the owner personally.
Hope that helps.
Feb 9th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Well, the hotel person may have verifified that they are "credible", but they are hardly "reliable" if they retain no data base and have no way of checking any order or being able to see what tickets they have sold, for when, or for how much.
Mar 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks ScoutJewel,
Lashmars does have a very good reputation, I just wish they had a database as well! I should've paid better attention to my records, so I can't point fingers. Caroline, it is impossible to book direct with certain theaters, but if possible for yours, I highly recommend doing so. Best of luck to all ticket buyers.