Question about Airport Shuttle Paris

Feb 28th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Question about Airport Shuttle Paris

Someone on the board recommended this shuttle service, and since there are 8 of us, they offered a good price for a private shuttle. The reservation voucher came very promptly. They have billed my credit card, but I have two questions for them and have been unable to reach them by email. They have either not responded, and, most recently, the email comes back as undeliverable. Has anyone used this service who can tell what to do if the driver is not present at customs and how to confirm the departure pick-up as the voucher says I must do? Thanks.
Feb 28th, 2004, 09:54 AM

I found a website for a "Paris Airport Shuttle" (www.airport-shuttle-paris.com"). Is this the one? If it is there is an address and phone/fax number at the bottom of the first page: Paris Office - 8, rue Saint Marc - 75002 Paris - Tel : (33) 1 53 10 37 06 - Fax : (33) 1 53 10 37 08

I'm sorry you have not been able to reach them especially since they charged your credit card. That's the problem sometimes if a service company demands prepayment and then you have a problem what to do next-they already have your money. But if you can't contact them at all you should probably inform your credit card company and let them know so it'll be disputed I would think.
Feb 28th, 2004, 03:56 PM
ira

Hi marty,

You haven't told us the name of the shuttle service.

If you can't contact them by email, Fax or phone, I also suggest that you call your credit card company and ask them not to honor the charge.
Feb 29th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

The name of the shuttle service is Paris Airport Shuttle, but if you go to the website for Airport Shuttle Paris, they seem to be the same company, according to the phone number. I booked them because they were recommend by a post by Janis? when there was a discussion about Mark's service. Everything seemed fine, until I was unable to get them to respond to my emails, although I booked over the internet. I will try calling them tomorrow. I really have decided to cancel with them and use the BeeShuttle who responded very quickly to my email questions.Thanks.
Feb 29th, 2004, 12:13 PM
JonJon

I've used the Paris Shuttle service you're referring to, had no trouble reaching them by e-mail and when I have arrived in Paris I call them AFTER I have cleared Customs as they instructed and they are always there to pick me up at the nearest exit. Sorry you had such difficulties.

Feb 29th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

This must not be the same service. We do not call, as I have done with other services in Paris. The vouchers says the driver will be waiting outside of customs.
Feb 29th, 2004, 12:25 PM

Marty, is it the one I provided the address and phone for?

If it's not then I'd try to get out of paying if you cannot contact them.

It would be best if you could use a service that doesn't require that in case of a problem so you can easily cancel without incurring any hassles. But if that's not possible find out everything you need from the company and how to contact them if there is a question you have. You can get alot of prompt email responses before you commit but it's afterwards that's a problem.
Feb 29th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

I think the Airport Shuttle Paris and the Paris Airport Shuttle must be the same company. Although they have different websites, their addresses are the same. I booked with Paris Airport Shuttle(I took the address straight from a post here). I never like to pay in advance for a service, but I did not realize that they would do that until I got my credit card bill. Of course, the problem since I have so much trouble contacting them is that I am afraid I will have a hard time cancelling! I have sent one more email to the person from the company who contacted me when I left off a number on my fax with my credit card. If I don't hear from her tomorrow, I will call and try to cancel. Thanks for your help.
Feb 29th, 2004, 01:11 PM

I know it's already happened unfortunately but if they ask you for your credit card number they should have told you why. For example, hotels ask for a c/c number to guarantee a reservation only.
A couple of years ago I made a reservation with another shuttle company and at that time they didn't require prepayment so all they asked for was the flight details and name.
Hopefully you will get an answer.
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Here an update on what happened with Airport Shuttle Paris or Paris Airport Shuttle which appear to operate together. I called and talked to the person whose email I had originally received. She said she never received any of the others that I sent her, and that it is her job to answer them, so I don't know what could go wrong. She had all of my information on file and answered my questions very well and in perfect English after I told her in French that I speak very limited French. I feel better, and now I just will wait and see!
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:17 AM

Emails sometimes don't go through. Anyway, it's good you were able to resolve everything.
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:51 AM

I actually had a terrible experience with Airport Shuttle Associates (www.airportshuttleparis.com).

We booked the shuttles far in advance with our flight information and pre-paid. Not only was the driver not at the gate as promised, he was almost 2 1/2 hours late! Next time (we were leaving Paris and returning later) the driver was an hour early and threatened to leave if we weren't ready in 10 minutes. Returning to Paris, the driver wasn't there again, so we called to cancel that and our last shuttle home. An employee said they would refund half our money for the cancelled shuttles. Now that we are back in the states, I have emailed the company countless times in the past few weeks and received no response about our refund.