Airport transportation

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport transportation

Has anyone used Airport-Connection vans in Paris, from airport to hotel? I entered their site and it seems good. They charge 35 euros for 2 people and that includes luggage. They bring you door to door (hotel or apartment). Got this information through the Rick Steves travel book. Any information will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Laud
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 12:17 PM

Ihave used this Paris shuttle service:

called VIP shuttle--they also bring you right to your hotel...:

[email protected]

make it to the attention of Evelyn

they answer your emails super fast...
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 02:45 PM

Taxi for 2 (or 1) would be about 40E--no wait, no wondering if they will come, no being driven 3 other places before you. Taxi Parisien only--not a helpful soul who says he will take you to your hotel.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 10:39 PM

I have used PariShuttle twice and liked it very much, and Mark Harris the manager has met with several Fodors groups. Their site is www.parishuttle.com and you can write Mark directly at [email protected]

Their price is comparable to Airport-Connection, but they do sometimes offer a discount to Fodorites.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:23 AM

On the recommendation of many Fodorites we booked to use Paris Shuttle. I booked with Mark via email and received a prompt reply. We had two pick ups at our apartment, one for 5:00 a.m., and the other for 10:00 a.m.

Two days prior to our departure I called to confirm the arrangements and was told they did not have a reservation. After much back and forthing, and three phone calls to them, they finally "found it".

At 5:15 a.m. we received a call from the driver who said his van had a problem and he'd arrive in 15 minutes. He arrived at 5:45 a.m, making the timing very tight. He also didn't know what terminal Alitalia was located at...another problem.

When I saw how late the first pick up was, I called Paris Shuttle to ensure they were aware and would be on time for our pick up. They denied that the pick up was at 5:45 and said he was no more than 10 minutes late. I was assured our 10:00 a.m. pick up would be fine.

We were picked up promptly at 10:00, but we were unaware that the driver had 3 more pick ups to make before heading to CDG. He didn't say a word about it. Each of the other pick ups had also been given a 10:00 a.m. pick up time and by the time we reached each one it was between 10:20 and 10:50 and these people were quite irate! We had allowed a ton of time for a 1:00 p.m. flight so we were calm, but others were not happy at all.

Overall, a frustrating and not ideal experience with Paris Shuttle.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:41 AM
Intrepid

If you have any doubts whatsoever then be willing to pay for, and use, a taxi...otherwise I guess you live in doubt!

Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:45 AM

I agree with the others who suggest a taxi. It is less hassle!
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:07 PM

Gayle, suggest you email Mark about your problems with Parishuttle. He tries hard to do a good job and would probably like to hear about your difficulty with his company.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 12:15 PM

Hey Betsey,
I think Mark was aware because after they "lost" the reservation I asked to speak to him twice and was told he was unavailable. Then on the third call, I was told Mark "found" the reservation by checking his email. As for the rest of the issues, maybe he'll read this post...