Provence & Cote D'Azur Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there is info on this forum, but none seems very recent. Has anyone recently eaten in the following restaurants?
La Petite France - Paradou
La Regalido - Fontvieille
Bistrot de Eygalieres - Eygalieres
Domaine d' Bournissac - Paluds de Noves
Bistrot des Alpilles - St. Remy
Mirazur - Menton
Terres de Truffes - Nice
Hostellerie Jerome - La Turbie

Any other suggestions for a great meal?
Thanks.
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 11:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Yes to the first five. Liked them all, but partial to the Bistro of Eygalieres because it's "my home"base try the petite bu, their less expensive restaurant. Regilido, we stay there alot and love the chef/owner.
Also like the Bistro of Paradou that is fun ( close to Petite France.)
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Cigalechanta. Would you know of an email address for La Petite France? Have you ever eaten in the Bistrot des Alpilles?

Can anyone help with restaurants on the Cote d'Azur?
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 04:59 PM

Yes, the Alpilles is on the main street of St Remy. If you sit on the terrace it's a great spot for people watching
The Petite France, Tel.90-54-41-91
They are closed one day but I don't remember which one.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 06:38 PM

cigalechanta...you are a wealth of info!! Do you know the price range of the Bistro des Alpilles? as well as the others?
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 07:01 PM

Barb, I don't remember exactly how much but Alpilles is less expensive than Petite France and Petite France is less than Bistrot de Eygallieres. I saw a photo layout of Bournissac in one of my French Magazines and it looks very nice. the Regalido is almost as much as the Eygalieres, read expensive.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 07:34 PM

We were just there last month. Had dinner our first night at Bistrot des Alpilles in St Remy on the terrace and it was delightful. I think it cost us 66euro for dinner for two with starter, main course and dessert, a bottle of water (with gas) and a glass of wine each. (I had eggplant, roasted peppers and goat cheese in aiole; a crepe with curried lamb, while my husband had some lovely grilled tuna, and a tarte tatin for dessert.) We also had lunch at le Bistro de Paradou -- which was one of the best meals of our 2-week trip. In Paradou (you can't miss it) they serve lunch at about 12:30pm and for 36 euro per person, you have their menu for the day: We had grilled eggplant with tomato tapinade, very good roast leg of lamb with tiny white beans and broiled tomatos with basil, a nice cheese plate and delicious strawberry/raspberry tarte with expresso. You also get all the water and wine you need during the meal...everything was "compris". Dinner is more expensive. I had tried to call ahead and make a dinner reservation, but their number was always busy. We stopped by one day and made our reservation for lunch the next day (this was mid-May). They didn't start serving dinner until June. Another spot we ate in St Remy was a little place called le Cassoulet. I had the best tarte fine Monsier Seguin for an appetiser there...a tomato and goat cheese tarte with melt-in-your-mouth pastry on a plate full of dainty mixed greens with a vinegret. The desserts were particularly noteworthy, Steve had peaches in creme and I had a very delicate brownie-like cake in a chocolate raspberry sauce. Not a bad meal for 48 Euro including aperatifs (kir & pastis) and a pichet of local red wine. I loved the food in Provence...lots of veggies and salads.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 07:41 PM

Barb,
Another suggestion for a memorable meal, that is lunch, is Bistrot du Paradou in the village of Paradou. It is approx a 15 min. drive from St. Remy over the Alpilles. Recommendations are required. Fantastic restaurant.
Enjoy.
Best, Francie
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 07:51 PM

Paradou is one of our regular stops. As busted says, it's a set menu. friday is the day they serve the grand aioli. Jean Louis is the host and his wife the chef. It's true it's hard to reach by phone. I usually send him a card asking for reservations or have a friend there call.
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 08:04 PM

It is a wonderful experience as well as having excellent food -- we were seated along the bar (not at the bar, at tables along the bar) and I had a nice view of the kitchen so I could see the chef preparing each course. I really enjoyed that meal!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 06:10 AM

Dear Uhoh...I am glad to see you back on. We have reserved the little b & b you where you stayed outside St. Remy. From one of your posts, I gathered that you liked it. How long does it take to get into town? Also, do you think getting reservations for these restaurants once we get there is fine?