Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Prague - wedding anniversary. Tips anyone?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Fodorites,

next weekend my wife and I are flying off to Prague to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Here is the plan so far. I would welcome any tips, suggestions, warnings... whatever.

We arrive late Friday night and go to Pariz Hotel (hotel car picks us up).

On Saturday morning we plan to have breakfast at the hotel and then set off for the castle (taxi? metro? bus?) and spend most of the day up there. For lunch i've heard of a café called Katjanka (?) but any tips are welcome.

In the evening we are going to the State Opera to see Rusalka. After that we'll have dinner at Zahrada v Opere (had originally booked at Bellevue but then thought that as opera finishes at 22:00 I didn't want to be rushing around in taxis to get to dinner but rather just cross the street to Zahrada v Opere).

On the Sunday morning I though of walking to Europa Hotel for breakfast then walk around Jozefov and the jewish quarter and stop off at Pravda for lunch. In the evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary i've booked Allegro at the four seasons. If you think this is a bad choice do let me know!

On the monday i plan to have breakfast at Bohemia Bagel, then walk to the bridge and wonder around Kampa island. Lunch at the mill place on Kampa (forget the name). Then wonder back to the hotel and make our way to the airport for a 5pm flight.

I know it all seems terribly planned out but as we only have three days i can't be bothered to waste time looking around on the spot and am keen that we are getting the best for our wedding anniversary.

Thanks for any help.
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:35 AM

It sounds pretty good. My main issue would be with having breakfast at Hotel Evropa and then going to the Josefov area. It's in the opposite direction, not sure you know that. I can see if you want to see Wenceslas Square, which you should given its history to Prague (but I don't think Sunday morning anything much is going on there), but it would make more sense to do that and then continue to the bridge, etc (which I think is your next day).

I just don't see going from your hotel down to Hotel Evropa and then back across town. Instead, I would recommend you have breakfast at a famous Prague cafe, Cafe Imperial, which is beautiful and a real part of history, also, and a good place to eat. It is near your hotel and so would make sense before going to the Josefov area which is also not too far from your hotel (well, a little walk NW, but it's a good place to start). Cafe Imperial is just down the street a couple blocks on Na Porici (running east from Namesti Republicky).

If your hotel has a private car service you can reserve to get to the castle Sat morning, that might be a good idea. It shouldn't cost too much. I went by public transport (the tram you catch around Narodni Trida metro stop), but it will take longer to do that. YOu'd probably want to take the metro from Nam. Rep. down to Narodni Trida, and then wait for the tram.
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina
I'll look into Caé Imperial!
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina
I'll look into Café Imperial!
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:27 AM

They have a website you can check out, it's next to the Hotel Imperial
http://www.hotelimperial.cz/

go to the cafe section on there. I liked it better than Hotel Evropa, anyway.
Old May 11th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Original Poster

ttt