Prague to Budapest Train - How long?

Old May 12th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague to Budapest Train - How long?

Posting for a friend... How long is the train trip from Prague to Budapest? She's heard 3 hours and 6 hours...

Thanks in advance!
Old May 12th, 2003, 12:32 PM

Austin,

The trip is 6hr 50 mins on a direct day train and anywhere from 8.5 to 10 hours by NT. To determine which will be the best option, check out your choices on on the Swiss timetable Website (SBB.ch)

Greg
Old May 12th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Bootman4U

And the daytime directs (no changes) leave at 6:10AM, 10:10AM, and 2:10 PM.

Old May 13th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you SO much Greg and Bootman. I've passed on the info. A couple more things, if you don't mind...

They are considering flying back to Prague (their flight leaves from there). Where would they check for flights from Budapest to Prague?

Also, what is the train trip like? Is it comfortable? Scenic?

Thanks again!
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Bootman4U

I cannot comment on the flghts unles they were to use the usual search engines (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.) In terms of the train ride from Budapest to Prague and its scenic qualities...I've taken this trip several times and for me it is always interesting but I am a train buff so just about anywhere by train is great for me. I would not classify the trip as particularly "scenic" in terms of beauty, fabulous mountain peaks, deep gorges, etc...mostly what one sees is the countryside. The direct services to Prague all leave from Budapest's Nyugati station and are EuroCity (EC) trains. First Class and Second Class coaches have typical European configurations with six seats in First and eight in Second per compartment. All of them carry a dining (restaurant) car. They are typical EC service trains.