Prague Hotels for under $200

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a good centrally located hotel in Prague with parking for our car. Also might like to have a hotel bar or cafe. Any suggestions? We know Prague is expensive and are trying not to go over $200.

Which side of the Bridge is better?
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 10:33 AM

Actually Prague is very inexpensive compared to western europe. Don;t have specific recos but if you search on Prague hotels above you should find a lot of info.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 02:52 PM
mjz

I'm leaving for Prague in 2 weeks and booked my hotel last week via Priceline hoping for either the Marriott or Renaissance. I got the Renaissance and saved 50% off what was offered on Marriott.com for my travel dates. If Priceline is an option, check out biddingfortravel.com where you can find a listing of what hotels are offered in Prague as well as recent winning bids. If there is inventory for your travel dates via Priceline, you should have no problem getting a good hotel for under $120. I've used Priceline several times for hotels and rental cars and have never had a problem, just read everything thoroughly.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 10:14 PM

Dont know when you are going, but if mid May to Mid June, Prague has a large music festival. Hotels are pretty booked up, and my understanding is that priceline does not have availability on certain days.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

We ended up having a difficult time finding a room for our stay this spring, and I am still waitng for a booking confirmation. I'll review wherever we end up, but I am definately glad I did not wait any longer to book.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 01:18 PM

www.travel.cz has last minute prices

If you are stuck, wait until the real LAST minute, and you will save on their offerings. They have apartments, also.

You can even just show up to their office when you get to Prague, and they will book you a place at a discount, and take you to your hotel, apt, etc.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 02:04 PM

If you're looking for a luxury room at a managable price I'd suggest looking at Luxury Link where (in December) we booked a gorgeous suite at the Riverside Hotel for 4 nights at around $150 a night including a range of extras.

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:32 PM

I live part-time in Prague, and will be leaving Tues, 4/6 for Prague spring.

There are many hotels in the city.
The Marriott Executive apartments are a very good decision, I stayed there for 5 months last may-sept.
It has big garage, great staff and rooms are about $130-150. Most of them have balconies. Room 610 is the ultimate.It overlooks Prague castle and the whole city. You can also hagle the price.

I cannot sleep at the Renaissance Hotel.I moved out after five days this Feb and went to the K and K fenix. Its also cheap and 4 stars. Room 312 is the best. Bay windows that open up, parking, free full breakfast and everything you will get at 5 star.

See you there.

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:35 PM

The west side of the river, Mala Strana has a great pub called the "Blue light bar". It is cheap and very clean, quiet and hip.

Go over the charles bridgeFacing Prague czstle and take you second right on Josephska. Its right on the left.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 10:14 PM

Blacky Voodoo..
What was the problem you had with the Renissance Hotel. We are taking a tour this fall and are scheduled to stay there. We still have time to make a change so I would like to know when you were there and what the problem was.

Thanks
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 09:24 PM

Don't know your travel dates, but be warned: it seems the ice hockey world championships are being played in Prague from 24 April through 9 May. Made it tough to find budget hotels for our stay the first week in May.
Good luck, hope that confirmation came through....
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 05:12 AM
mjz

spiegelcjs - i'm leaving for Prague on 4/14 and staying at the Renaissance. i'll post some comments when i return. i've had friends who stayed there a few years back and they had nothing but positive comments.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 06:34 PM

mjz - thanks I would appreciate that. The negative comment had me somewhat concerned. if noise is the problem we will request/require a high room. Otherwise Ambien works wonders when traveling.
Old Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:40 PM
mjz

spiegelcjs - both my friend and i enjoyed our stay at the Prague Renaissance. The hotel was nice, rooms were small - but well appointed, good service, adjoining Czech restaurant offered tastey fare. We had no problems with noise - our room was on the 8th floor, there are a total of 9 floors. I felt the location was perfect. You can easily walk to all of the sights from the Prague Renaissance. However, you also have the option of taking the train (at both ends of the street), tram (also at both ends of the street, taxi (out front of hotel) or hotel Mercedes.
My only minor complaints would be that the room was not as cool as I prefer and I received a lousy massage.

Prague is beautiful. Enjoy your trip.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:31 PM

I would highly recommend U Krale Karla. It is priced great less than $200, good location, the staff speaks english (and is very helpful), has great views, and the rooms are beautiful. They have a website. Recommend this to friends, they just got back from there, and loved it also.
Old Apr 24th, 2004, 08:21 AM

We stayed at the Renaissance and had no problems at all - never noticed any noise. But - I know somw people are supersensitive - or some people who are not used to cities are disturbed by the normal noise you have in any urban environment - that most people have learned to ignore. (What drives me nuts are the early morning bird noises you can get in country areas - but I guess people from the country are used to those and can sleep through them.)
Old Apr 24th, 2004, 10:45 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments on the Renissance Hotel. Since our tour package covers this hotel except for one night the comments are positive enoough that we will probably not go through the aggrevation of rengotiating our tour package and selecting our own hotel.